Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> C&R? Or worth developing?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What are your thoughts about my draft pick?

http://brokenbat.org/player/165974

21 y/o POT12 RP Major League Slider, no negative scouting comments. Low arm but high range so they offset each other.

My opinion, and what im wondering if others agree, is: theres nothing bad about him. He seems like hed be a perfectly serviceable middle innings relief pitcher. Maybe set to come in when we dont have the lead and the SP has come out early.

But theres nothing great about him either. Im just having trouble deciding if hes cut bait.

Also, im growing very tired of picking College in the draft. Except for one pretty nice POT14 catcher with a 20 arm last season, ive had nothing really good come out of College. Im trying to avoid HighSchool because of the long wait time, and Latin seems like mostly miss with the occasional big hit. I guess thats the whole point of the draft. They all mostlu suck, are occasionally decent, and are rarely great.

Still waiting on my “great” ;)

Updated Friday, October 27 2017 @ 5:35:58 am PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally like him. I generally find that movement is the best pitcher skill, and you can never had enough relievers in the system, so I'd keep him.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 If you don’t want him, I’ll take him. He may never set the world on fire, but he’s not behind on his training from the look of it — already a plus, in my book — and I definitely like the lack of negatives in the report.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He should become a decent reliver, not a stud but not a liability If he hits 13/4 of stamina could play as a backend starter too (especially if he has good control).

If you have a surplus of relievers you can cut him without regrets, but he's not that bad.

As for college pool, it's slim becuase their players need less time to reach the majors and are, for this reason, more valuable than latin or high school guys.

Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Also typically I've noticed that College players are very rarely, if ever, underdeveloped. You get that in High School and especially Latin players.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for all the comments guys. Thsts a good point abot college players rarely if ever underdeveloped.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally like him. I generally find that movement is the best pitcher skill, and you can never had enough relievers in the system, so I'd keep him.

This. Not only is Movement arguably the best pitcher skill, pitchers who lack movement can get shelled on a regular basis no matter how good their other stats are (see "Gopher" Knepper).
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Another thing I think is worth noting is that his slider is listed before his change up. Ie., mov > cos.

Combined with the lack of fastball scouting, I think there is a good chance his control will be his best asset.

As always keep or not-keep depends on what else is in your system. But I would look at developing him if I needed a RHP.

Previous Page | Show All |