Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft round #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Sdorfman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What are the crowd's thoughts on this guy? http://brokenbat.org/player/166581
I'm thinking he can develop into a decent left fielder, but I'm not sure if I want to wait the 4-6 seasons it will take to develop him fully.

Updated Friday, November 3 2017 @ 5:33:32 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Sdorfman You could probably do better. I see 18 to 19 points available for PD, BC, and Power. Low-ish speed, who knows on the power (2-11)... Meh.

Speaking of meh, after drafting keepers in the first three rounds, I have my first catch and release. Frankie actually isn't that bad of a 12 POT pitcher to take a stab at but you could probably find better free agents.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted a nice utility player ID #166597
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ugh. I had SIX choices who didn't even make above average potential. I took one of the two good pots and unsurprisingly landed a C&R.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sigh. Rounds 1-3 brought me guys that were juuuust too good to immediately cut, but not really special. Round 4 got me this turd who has the arm of a catcher but unfortunately throws lefty. His range is too bad to put in the outfield, and his hitting scouting report and POT are not good enough to let him play a less than ideal position in exchange for his bat.

Bye bye!
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Two fringe 13 pot keepers in rounds 1 & 2...now two almost-but-not-quite-good-enough 12 pot pitchers in rounds 3 & 4.

Not a banner draft year so far, but it's feeding the beast...
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is very good potential?
http://brokenbat.org/player/166865
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Benchwarmer, that's part of the "joy" of drafting here. Just ask around. They'll tell you.

I got a "good" overall 12 potential guy. I looked closer at my minor league roster than I have in a while and realized I lack LH hitters in a very big way. I almost cut him, but I'll probably have to keep him until I find one or two better LH bats. If he ends up being my starting 1B in 7 years, I'll be in trouble.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Benchwarmer, given Mitchell's overall rating, and minimal SI in fielding, speed, and range, he is likely going to have very high ratings in BC, PD, and Power. If his hitting does well he could very well end up being a decent power hitter. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if his hitting rating ends up beating out his scout report as well. Could be a sleeper, but someone would need to train him for a while and watch his Hitting growth to get a good idea if he is likely to bust his Hitting cap.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was away for the weekend and I forgot to brag about our future 3B ;) Run of bad drafts is finally over.

Previous Page | Show All |