Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Too early to call this guy up right?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My SP5 is proving to be... not very good. I have this guy in AAA but i think, even though hes 25 and has 1.5y in AAA, he still needs more time in AAA. Would you agree?

Im hoping hell be ready for a call up at the all star break, but im not even sure i can count on that.

Jeff
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope, wouldn't put him in the fire. You have the slots and likely the money. I'd rather send McCann to AAA and find a free agent to sign for SP5.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Check his growth at the all-star break. He has been pretty consistent with his growth through his minor league career, if he is not on pace to hit something similar this season then I would call him up as he may be done growing at AAA. He is a hard case, because the growth, amount of time, and total SI all suggest calling up, but his current skills versus the scouting report suggest he has a bit far still to go to comfortably get in the majors (particularly the room left in movement).
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@newt i noticed that. His growth has been consistent and big year over year in the minors. Part of what drew me to him. Good idea on checking if the growth remains on target at mid year
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
What should I do if I have guys that, where you can promote or demote players, say they are ready for majors but they don't have the dialogue, "Has learned all at this level of competition."
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I think it only does that with players who are 25 years old or more, at which point the game automatically recommends them for promotion to the Majors whether they’re actually ready or not. If you don’t think the numbers look right or if you don’t think they’ve had enough time at that level, leave ’em down to cook a little longer until you think it’s time to call them up.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
If this was your guy, would u call him up?

http://brokenbat.org/player/126502
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
In a word? Yes.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Uh, ESac, that guy is 8 SI from the top of his projected potential and 1 SI from the bottom of it. Given he has just over 550 official ABs, I think it is safe to bring him up, as he should be able to still get the rest at the ML level. If you want to leave him down for an update or two it MIGHT help, but I think at this point if you want to call him up it would be absolutely fine.

Updated Tuesday, November 7 2017 @ 3:23:54 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |