Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training glitch   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll let you all know how the glitch affects my players. This season has been a complete disaster. From completely crapping the bed in Cup play to overpriced players underperforming I decided to say "to hell with it" and promote everyone that the AI suggested, save for one guy that really isn't ready, like 75SI. Anyway, we'll see what happens. Should be fun.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I was a little nervous bringing up Collier. Shouldn't be ... 90+ SI. Watching his development closely.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's one:

Not many managers would have Barbosa up out of AAA at all never mind starting in legends. Takes some guts to play him with his probable underdeveloped scouting haha! (the total collapse of anyone else put in that #5 spot combined with minor league numbers is what really got him the job haha.)

Sometimes you have to look at just the results and block out all the rest and just play the man.
Last year wild thing was our duct tape this year hopefully Barbosa can get us through the interdiv play. Digging deep on the roster to find a pitcher lol.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was just so frustrated with my $48M team underperforming, hanging around .500, totally bombing in the Cup, I decided to go with the youth movement. I've dumped about $17M in salary and promoted 7 players who were suggested by the AI. We'll see what happens with their progression. I'm expecting to relegate but hoping for the best. It's my own version of the White Flag Trade of 1997.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Freddie, I see your Barbosa and raise you an Allen. He has been my 2nd MR all season, and is going to get more innings with Rosa and Alvarez both out for a good portion of this week.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha!

wow you acquired that kid as a pot 12, 28SI and paid him 2m in the minors to develop. Must have been getting worried after 2032 lol.
You deserve some pay back!! Well done..

My guy was a home grown drafted 20 SI guy but he had a good report. He also has always had good numbers despite his abysmal looking SI.It was much easier to stick with him. Not easy to play him now mind you but like dsz071 said...once you throw a fit and sack your over paid guys, there is a lot less choice.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
and boy, did I ever throw a fit... lmao
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't pay much attention to minor league numbers, and he was part of a project pair with Duncan. The only reason Duncan isn't also cutting his teeth is the sheer number of LHPs ahead of him on my ML roster. I have by far the most LHPs in Legends, and there just wasn't a spot for Duncan (that said I think Duncan's current owner is really dropping the ball by leaving him in the minors, but it is his own foot he is shooting). Allen was really kept to see whether the high control, high CoS build (ie good potential with no other comments) could work in Legends, and early returns are positive and have me fairly confident that a build I have promoted for years actually is more competitive than most top owners actually believe.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah newtmen,
I had one of those high CoS types in Pagliarulo
I had high hopes in that experiment, but ended up cutting him despite being a 25yr old 14 POT.
He gave up a ton of home runs and I never felt comfortable putting him in a high leverage position. Maybe he was particularly doomed being a lefty starter. And maybe I gave up too soon and he'll turn out great... if so I'll have to find the thread about making terrible mistakes ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lefty starters can work, they just have to clear a higher bar given the number of right handed hitters most teams have. There are many examples of lefty starters that can flat out dominate, but your average run of the mill 12 potential lefty is going to struggle in a starting role against good right handed hitters, in the same way guys like Allen will struggle against good left handed bats.

Previous Page | Show All |