Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> This studly C has flown through the minors and just got the call...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
but I don’t want to do anything to mess him up. He’s too important for my teams future. I’m thinking, in spite of the scouting report to promote him to the majors, that I’d have him complete 2034 in AAA and make him my opening day 2035 starting C.

But I’d love to solicit your thoughts.

http://brokenbat.org/player/160065

Thanks

Jeff

Updated Friday, December 1 2017 @ 5:31:39 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I always err on the side of leaving guys down for a while. If he doesn't improve for a few weeks, then he's likely fully trained and you can feel good about bringing him up.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not a big thing either way but I'd probably bring him up for one training cycle this season. Get him a few major league reps just to get a taste. Then keep him down for the first week of spring training.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with what Tiger said.

But I would not bring him up to majors until after spring training is completed next season.

It most likely would not hurt either way. But that is what I would do.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If you were an also-ran, I'd say bring him up. But your catchers are better than him on the offensive end, you are leading your div, so let him sit til next year. 20 arm. Wow.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be tempted to throw him into some of the easier mid-week match-ups if you see a team that likes to run.

Speaking of big armed minor-league catchers, why doesn't Alberto Sandoval have a job yet? ... BC/PD might project on the low side, but a 20yo 19arm good hitter this close to missing the winter's training is a crime.

I had to hit a 1 in 20 shot for Alfonzo "Doesn't" Mata to knock him out of my minors.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got 4 hitters at AAA recommended. They've been there awhile. I finally brought the first one up to get some reps. Tony Ybarra. He'll start out with some reps in CF against LHP. Give Morales a break. Plus Ybarra is probably the better SS than Morales. They are similar types. Ybarra better defensively, Morales probably better offensively but he has struggled enough as a rookie that I'm ready to see if Ybarra sparkles.

After next Friday, either Gomes or Stephen Stinking Foster will come up as well. I think I can get Gomes some time at 2B and Foster at 1B/DH.

@Brewnoe, I think he'd make somebody a fine catching prospect.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Brew, I saw Mata on the Waiver Wire and I think I even had a claim in on him.

I agree that Sandoval would make a fine FA signing for C. I already have Foster, who while he has an 18 arm compared to Sandoval's 19, has a better hitting report and doesn't waste as much SI in speed and fielding. Otherwise, I'd have signed Sandoval myself as a eventual backup for McElroy.

Thanks everyone else for the comments and thoughts on McElroy.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I broke my promise to not sign a player outside the farm... but he (Sandoval) could be a good backup catcher in the future, he has a great arm, let´s see how he performs, and he just lost a whole month of training (plus a year prior to that)

Previous Page | Show All |