Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2035 Take 3 - I think...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I think the worst thing about the second take isn’t even that we know there was a first take, or what was lost in that first take. Sure, for some of us — like DFB — it doesn’t really matter, but for lots of teams, the difference between 2035-A and 2035-B is staggering. No, what really sucks is that there’s no way to tell which version, if either, is a more typical outcome and which is an aberration.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock it blew up when Cup reached the Semis
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is no typical outcome. Every season, weaker teams beat better teams. It is the nature of the game. Replaying a whole season just highlights teams getting especially lucky/unlucky. My team was very lucky to be in first place last season. This season we are very unlucky to be in 5. There really is no "typical." Just put together your best squad, and hope lady luck favors you ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, helpful not to forget about the poultry sacrifice.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team has been good this season, but at this point last season we were running away with the league looking at guaranteed promotion and probably a 95-97 win season. This time around we're sitting solidly in second, but still on course to win about 95 games. Except this time, the division winner is on pace to win 104 games. Sometimes you can do everything right and still lose, and baseball is a pretty good example of that.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like I've managed to lock up relegation. Big improvement over the last take when my team had the lowest ranking in the league (#1). I mean, its not like we are playing golf where low scores are good.

This will be our first season in LL-III since our march up the ladder...
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In take 2, I worked hard at the game, logged in every day and made it to the round of 8 in the cup, and was first in my league.

In take 3, I've been more or less completely negligent. The game lost it's charm and other than checking in once a week or so, my team has been on autopilot.

Even so, while our cup run was short, my team is still leading our league with a magic number of 11 and a 3.5 game lead. The next series is against the second place team, and is probably the most critical one left.

My biggest complaint was that I had some very, very good draft picks in take 2. Take 3 hasn't been so kind.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
First time around we sat at 54-56 at the 110-game mark, before the final fifty division games. We were in a solid second place with that record, and had overcome one of our typical awful starts to more or less book our place in LLIV for a team-record third straight season.

(Take 2 came and went before it got going.)

Take 3? Well our chance at that record has gone...because we're promoting to LLIII for the first time! I need to lie down.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My starting pitcher in my last game did something I've never seen here. He had a string of seven consecutive outs by strikeout. He had one walk in the middle of them, but that was still an impressive outing.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We have quite a race in V.1 in the West. Going into the final series we have the top 3 teams all tied with the same amount of losses. My squad is half a game back with one less loss. Seems likely this may go to the last day.

Previous Page | Show All |