Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Round 5   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yet another middle infield prospect. Pot 14 with the outstanding in the field tag and good range/arm. Unfortunately may not have the offensive tools to make a splash, but I'll wait and see for this one.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@eph he’s got 14 range. I wouldn’t call him a middle inf w good range.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Depending on who's available, he'd be usable but not ideal at SS and someone I'd probably play at second if short was locked down. I'll probably try to get him at either 2B or 3B.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It's next to impossible to draft someone with middle infield defensive skills in this game, I agree with ephennsta, just punt the defense and put him at short.

So glad I inherited a 18/16/16 SS when I got this team :)

In 2.5 years of drafting I've managed only one guy (Ramos) that might be able to play middle infield.

Updated Saturday, March 24 2018 @ 1:15:39 pm PDT
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll hope to put him at second or 2B but will probably re-evaluate when he's closer to see if SS is a need.

I've had decent luck finding good enough defensive SS, but they often lack the offense to produce anything meaningful.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Putting barbequed iguana on the menu soon,
3rd straight keeper from Mexico
(with the most unlikely scouting)

He has very good overall potential.

Totally expecting an 11-pot ... Manuel Félix was a nice surprise

Updated Sunday, March 25 2018 @ 2:37:19 pm PDT
itsjustmath

Plymouth Pilgrims
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes it is just better to get an easy catch and release. I think he will stick for a few years until I realize his skills aren't a good match for any position. Could be an adequate sub, but will not turn heads. MR. Egan
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, this last minute pick creates a problem. My minors are dreadful and he could end up being good enough to be a barely serviceable third baseman. This guy is a clone of my current 3B, only drop everything down a couple points. Do I keep him knowing that I probably won't draft anyone else this season and, more importantly, won't be able to claim anyone? I dunno.
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mike

I feel like a 20 year old rookie is a poor bet. Almost guaranteed to not max out. My thoughts only.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m with Garnash. Twenty years old and still in Rookie ball, plus he looks underdeveloped to me — I would cut him without a second thought. Of course, this is coming from a guy who can’t even stay in V to the guy sitting in a tie for the lead in Legends East right now, so… yeah, here’s the salt shaker to go with that.

Previous Page | Show All |