Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waivers Are Tough!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Another off-season of waivers with only a couple of hits on 1&2 claim guys: one minor league project and one 18 Hit reclamation project.

Two off-seasons ago I won 2 claims on guys with 50 claims in the same off-season, and now the last two have been about 2-100, with the two above being the two. I think it is waiver-wire karma getting back at me for those two wins in 2033!

Waivers are a tough way to try to build your roster, but sometimes it is worth it if you can get one of those 50, 75, or even 100 claim guys and they turn into an All-Star for you!

Sometimes I wish there was a "trade" or different kind of "free agent" process, but I realize that would be brutal to manage so this is what we have.

It is hard to build a good team using waivers and the "luck" of the draft, but that is what makes this game unique. You have to put in some effort, time and patience to build a good club...with a little luck sprinkled in!

Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ive ended up completely empty handed so far this offseason. Nothing on a least 40 or 50 claims. Forget about finding any pitching at all below the age of 34.

It looks like I'm going dumpster diving for free agents.

Updated Friday, May 11 2018 @ 5:39:19 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got a number of guys in my lineup who were either free agents or 1 claim waivers. You can find decent second rate guys if you hunt around. Filling in your gaps with good second rate guys is one of the keys in this game.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I got two veteran 2Bs to sort through, a decent 11-claim reliever, and a fringe DH prospect. All in all an okay offseason, but nothing too exciting.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not stoked, but acceptably pleased. Missed on my main targets. Picked up a BU catcher as security blanket, a solid platoon First Baseman, and a 20 year old that might turn into a player. Still waiting to land a pitcher worth anything.

Previous Page | Show All |