Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Needing advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/172293

Do you think this player will rate out higher than a 12 in the future or should I replace him if I get a higher scouted prospect?

The "He has very good overall potential" and a 12 scouting jus don't add up.

Updated Saturday, May 19 2018 @ 5:02:10 pm PDT
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Whenever I have such prospects (particularly pitchers), I go and look at their Fielding/Range/Arm. For pitchers, those stats don't matter in terms of wins and losses much but they do count toward ultimate potential.

Assume 10/10/10 being average. A 6/9 Arm/Range is 5 points below average so that's at least a couple of points toward potential, even if his fielding goes through the roof (which is unlikely - it'll probably be about average).

To me, he looks like he's a 'high end' 12 pot pitcher. He's very young so I believe he'll be major league pitcher eventually. But, he's also going to be spending a lot of points on Stamina which isn't ideal for a 12 pot.

Looking at your minors, you don't seem to have a huge number of pitching prospects so I'd probably keep him and see how he develops until/unless you get a better prospect to replace him.

Updated Saturday, May 19 2018 @ 5:56:17 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, I would never expect a player to exceed his advertised potential. Yes, it happens, but don't expect it. Hope for a upper-level 12, meaning 100+ SI. If that happens, he could be decent. Being a southpaw, he scares me a bit as a potential homer thrower, especially since his GB/FB ratio isn't particular good in these early stages. While I'd keep a watchful eye or two on him, I wouldn't give him up yet. Make him prove his lack of worth before throwing him away.

Updated Saturday, May 19 2018 @ 9:42:46 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |