Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Does Broken Bat incorporate a home field advantage?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If there is, I doubt it is for more than .02 runs a game. In other words, I don't think it makes any real difference. The true advantage, I believe, is simply designing your park to match your team.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Any advice on the basic ways to modify a ballpark to favor the home team? I tie myself in knots thinking about this issue. It seems like any change tends to advantage/disadvantage both teams equally.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I did a quick rundown on ballpark setup here, but I don’t have a lot of experience with setting up a ballpark — if anything, I did it the other way around and kept the dimensions the same and built the team around it.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Denvy have had 424 wins at home and 403 wins on the road over the last 10 completed seasons. Our organization has not modified the dimensions of Denver Field any time in recent memory.

51.2% of our victories have been at home and 48.7% of our victories have been on the road.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I just went back and checked my stats since I took over my team, and I haven’t changed my stadium at all except for a little wall height work and adding more foul territory before my first game got run (not counting seating when moving between league levels). Including my first season, which I started just before the All Star Break, I’ve gone 404-287 at home and 399-297 on the road. Excluding that first season, half of which was bot management and half of which was me trying to get my team built, I’ve gone 373-241 at home and 349-267 on the road. I’m not going to say whether home field advantage is happening or not, but I will say that I’ve been trying to sculpt the team to fit the stadium rather than the other way around.

Updated Wednesday, September 12 2018 @ 10:35:29 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will say that I’ve been trying to sculpt the team to fit the stadium rather than the other way around.

I'm surprised by this. The ballpark is one of the few things we have total control over. I mess with it every single season.

I'm hoping Hardwood will give us a clue about home advantage. I realize Steve might not have set them up the same, but a few seasons in we should have a reasonable idea whether or not it exists there. My guess is what applies here applies there, only different levels.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 You say this as though you expect me to do things the sensible way. ^.~

More seriously, though, there hasn’t been any real need for me to tinker with my stadium much, once I had the team doing what I wanted them to do. My record at home is better than my record on the road, so I must be doing something right. And since it ain’t broke, I ain’t fixin’ it.
6th Man

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Damn! I must be really doing something good here then. 37-18 at home and 24-29 on the road. Haven't even changed my park much just made a normal typical one lol. No complaints from the boys over here at RP ;)

This may be why I'm 42 PD less than the guy I'm tied in first with...
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ball park adjustments have been huge for HRB. Particularly this season. 32-17 at home and 23-36 on the road. That's a big split! The biggest factor is my maxed out ball park with my all 17 or plus range outfielders. Makes for a nice combo.

Updated Thursday, September 13 2018 @ 4:35:44 pm PDT
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
The extra stats from the Rats & Broncos are very helpful. I think all this tends to support the possibility of a built in home advantage.

I've tried to match an outfield emphasizing range with a huge, offense-minded ballpark. No idea if this helps my team more than it hurts. But I hear babes like scoring. My pitchers hate me.

If there's a home field advantage built into the basketball game, I'd bet it carries over to here.

Previous Page | Show All |