Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2037 Draft (Round 2)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are days when you could just kick yourself in the butt. My choices (going college, looking mostly for pitching) were overall uninspiring. The only very good pitcher came with a control red flag, so I decided for the only "very good" position player, a lefty OF. Apparently, I slipped a row, though, and clicked on the player next to him... http://brokenbat.org/player/181677
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/182061

Not bad, but not exactly what I hoped for in the second round.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a crap draft this year, guess it makes up for my decent one last year.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Demassa - Unless you kept details of the pitcher (name, age, handedness) it'll be difficult to know what he turned out like. As is you landed a really nice batting/fielding prospect: he can hit, and hit for power, and you can play him anywhere - I'd choose 3B or SS personally, where Arm counts.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea. I wish I would have thought to jot down the kid's name to find out how he turned out.

I was just curious if people would have been more likely to pick the pitcher just based on the scouting reports.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have gone with the OF, I don't like that pitcher's scouting report at all.

BTW, that OF should probably be converted into some sort of infielder given his defensive skills.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock and Amalric. I have started training him in the infield.

I hadn't thought about 3rd. I was going to train him at 2nd since I'm training this kid at Short.

But, I do have a weak-armed guy I'm training at second. Will he have a good enough arm to be an everyday player, so I can train Keen at Third?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Go for it. His arm will be better used at 3B.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup. Razo at 2B (Arm isn't as important at 2B, Fielding & Range are key), Keen at 3B and John at SS looks like an outstanding infield. Get some power bats and pitching (you may have already, I didn't look) and you'll go places.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
cool. thanks for the info guys.

Hopefully I can find the rest of the pieces to finally get out of LL VI.

Previous Page | Show All |