Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Can't release players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
An omnipotent entity, powerful forces from the neither world, your credit score, student loans...

For what ever reason, sometimes you just can't release a guy you know you should.

My current Credit Baby is Matt Burnett. I know this guys is just going to be a useless HR machine, but its sooo hard to drop a guy whose Velocity, CoS, and Movement are all going to be over 18... :(

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 8:54:06 pm PDT
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have to go with both Lloyd Adams and Howard Potter. Both are likely to be past their sell-by date any time soon, but they have still been producing well so I just can't let them go, but at the same time I know they are going to just crumble and be awful one of these times.

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 7:49:28 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd have Burnett closing for Missoula, 1 hook, doesn't enter until the 9th - he'll give up the occasional 1 run bomb but fingers crossed thats it!

And LOL BW - I guarantee that release them will only hurt for a very short time, you've got enough other talent who need those AB's/IP that it'll pay off very shortly ;)

I've found being a bit more ruthless has paid dividends :)

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 10:50:57 pm PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Marrero, hands down. I completely lucked out catching him off wavers and had one or two people probably hoping I'd accidentally release him. He's at that age now where he's practically asking to be whacked by the regression stick, but I just can't drop him. will have to shortly, if only because his potential replacement's sitting in AAA, but that day will not be a fun one.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@JJ, that's my problem. I get kind of attached to my guys and hold onto them way too long. My minors are filled with plenty of potential, some of which I've probably already stunted slightly by holding onto veterans for too long.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think HR machines make good closers. Otherwise he has the right kind of profile. Not giving up HRs is one of my top requirements for a closer.

Previous Page | Show All |