Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Closer entering in shutout situation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've seen it happen, and I've been around for some time...

In opening game closer came in 8th inning in save situation (as usual, I have him set up for 2 innings saves) and chased out the starter, who had a 2 hit shutout going and was only at 71 pitches through 7 innings. I'm 99% sure that in previous situations like this in previous seasons the starter was staying in the game to have a go at CG SHO. So is it me imagining things, or maybe something has changed in closer settings?

As a disclaimer, I did not touch closer managements settings for 13 seasons ;)
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No, if you have a closer and you have him set to come in when its a save situation, then he will, regardless of how many pitches your starter has thrown.

If its a non-save situation, your starter would have stayed in the game.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Unless your starter is throwing a no-hitter. Not even a save situation will cause the closer to come in if you’ve got a no-hitter going.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So it must be me imagining things... I'm too lazy to look for examples to prove my point (maybe there are none), so I will assume it's always been like this ;)

Previous Page | Show All |