Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Regression after an MVP Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Kirito_Whale

Waipahu Indians
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone experience their Ace/Star player's go through a tough regression season after winning an MVP award the year before?

Here's my guy, hurts to see him suck with such great skills/stats
http://brokenbat.org/player/144136
BigBaseballBoy11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't really know because I am new, but that sounds stupid to me.
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't worry, he'll bounce back. Just like in real life players have ups and downs, and high's and low's. They all have their streaks. And sometimes they'll have a career season, that is above and beyond their normal average. And they'll also have off-years where nothing seems to go right. Out of these happenings the SAT theory has arisen. SAT is an acronym for a "skill adjustment theory". It implies that at the beginning of every season a players skills are randomly and forcibly changed up to 20% of what the skill shows. This is strongly supported by the game manual where it says the skills can vary up to 20% from the visible value. The reason for skill adjustment is so theres variation from season to season, just like real life.

Hope that helps!

Also, my own 2035 MVP had a hard regression season in the following 2036 season. Which is somewhat normal since an MVP season is usually an above average career season. But, that said I've seen players follow up a MVP season with an even better one.

Previous Page | Show All |