Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2037 Draft, Round 5   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Went Latin again for the second round in a row. Pretty similar result as last round: this guy will only have about 14 points to put into BC and PD. He's just not going to be much of a hitter most likely. At least he has an obvious defense home, unlike last week's pick. On a super short leash since I'm now at 50 again.

Updated Friday, August 24 2018 @ 5:26:18 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Often enough I'm complaining that I low rolled range. With Tate range, speed and overall potential all exceeded expectations. Could be a nice OF.

He's my best pick of the season. He along with the FA signing of Rocha this week boost what had been a lacklustre draft for the Dinos.
verysilentone

Miami Gardens Broncos
VI.25

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/183623

I finally drafted better. This makes up for the last 2 losers.

Updated Friday, August 24 2018 @ 6:15:42 am PDT
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked up a disappointing 10pot. A future DH only for sure, but I'm pretty curious if his hitting alone could make him a decent major league threat. It's probably not worth it to let him stick around though, thoughts?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You are well served scrutinizing all your players and not dismissing them out of hand.

Estalella is in the vein of Markham, but the difference between 10 and 12 potential is pretty substantial. Puts his BC and PD around replacement level (~10).

With little speed, few walks and more Ks the player has to compensate with power. For me, a 10 or 11 pot needs to be great hitting / prolific slugging to be worth a shot.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@lostraven even at the low end of the good potential si(58pts which is really low) he should have 20pts roughly for bc/pd even with 12pts into fielding,16pts into power and 10pts into hitting. So unless the game engine decides to develop him to the higher end of the 20% in more than one of those,he’ll hit good
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Jason: We might want to compare notes on available SI left. With the exception of hitting, I agree on your assessment of where SI will go (I have 9 SI going into hitting, for a mid-point of 14). I have long operated under this for 13 POT: (104–111), with 107 to 108 being the midpoint. I only see 52 to 53 points available. OK, so that's more like 15 to 16 SI for PC/PD if he gets to 107-8. Maybe he'll be OK, and I'm being overly critical?

While we're swapping notes, I anecdotally think that if a player is drafted with a low PD, it'll probably be on the lower side at maturity, i.e., in this player's case, with a PD of 2 and BC of 5, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see BC to end up staying the higher of the two. I just don't see players digging out of a PD hole that often. (I tend to prefer higher PD over BC; maybe my anecdotal experience is biased by that.) Your thoughts?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca: Nice little fifth rounder there! Good get.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Brendan McWilliams might have a tough time making my roster, but he is a POT 13 with good hitter/above average slugger. He will have to be a left fielder or DH for me.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@lostraven I go by what the guys say of an above average potential would be 8pts per 1 level of potential left to get and very good potetential being 9pts per level. So your player is somewhere between 56-63,not adjusting for 20% either way(I don’t try to take that into account at first). I will then put a good potential roughly in the middle. Being that hid pd is higher to start I would figure more of the remaining pts to go there. So likely he will not strikeout much but not walk much. But the truth will not come out for 4/5 yrs of development

Previous Page | Show All |