Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training in minor league!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a 12 POT pitcher who is 21 yo and being recommended for Majors, but at 68 SI. He stopped getting more SI for quite some time. Does it indicate anything to have a player be recommended with lower SI than others? Does it suggest that he might not reach his POT?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know this guy is a POT 11 but he was recommended to majors at 60 SI and I went with the recommended. He gained a lot of SI, and this season he became my closer if you can believe it, and is putting up a season for the ages.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
^^ He is a very nice 11 POT build. Nice job, but to address the question I presented above it seems like he might not reach his full POT.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure I agree. pOT11s can range from 88-95 SI. He's at 89, so I consider him having reached his expected potential range. nothing beyond 88, I consider to be gravy...

Now, if we're talking about whether his ability to hit 95 was impacted by bringing him up when I did... I don't know. I think most people here would agree that there's some random as to how much SI a prospect will/can gain.

Maybe there was an additional 1-3 SI that I could have eeked out of him at A, AA, or AAA that I missed. Or maybe a better manager would have eeked out another 1-2 SI. I don't know.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
ok, I hear ya. But I am all about the gravy man!

I am curious that if the player is recommended somewhat on the early side it can help us project if they might be on the lower end of the 8 SI POT range (closer to 88 than 95 in the 11 POT example).

Are there enough examples y'all to see if this might bear out?

Updated Thursday, September 13 2018 @ 9:13:59 am PDT
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Thursday, September 13 2018 @ 9:17:33 am PDT
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hayseed:

I have not seen any evidence of a correlation between promotion speed and terminal SI. These seem to be two of the hidden traits determined at prospect generation.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love to hear your input.

My team has over 10 game lead in division. A little premature, but soon I want to give young guys playing time. This season I have 4 pitchers at AAA (and their season already finished) with recommendations for Majors. Can I send down veterans to AAA to fill roster spots with these AAA guys? Does it effect the veterans? I have been making lots of $$ and have $71m war chest, so bumping their salary isn't much of a concern. One will reach the majors next season anyways.

I also have another player only recently called up to AAA, but is a little behind (24yo and at 87 SI 12 POT). He doesn't have the recommendation for Majors yet, but will calling him up early freak out his development and stunt him?

He already got called up last season by previous team for 18 games and so is $0.5m already and maybe already freaked out.

Any advise?
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love to hear your input.

My team has over 10 game lead in division. A little premature, but soon I want to give young guys playing time. This season I have 4 pitchers at AAA (and their season already finished) with recommendations for Majors. Can I send down veterans to AAA to fill roster spots with these AAA guys? Does it effect the veterans? I have been making lots of $$ and have $71m war chest, so bumping their salary isn't much of a concern. One will reach the majors next season anyways.

I also have another player only recently called up to AAA, but is a little behind (24yo and at 87 SI 12 POT). He doesn't have the recommendation for Majors yet, but will calling him up early freak out his development and stunt him?

He already got called up last season by previous team for 18 games and so is $0.5m already and maybe already freaked out.

Any advise?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually leave guys like that down just to try and maximize their AAA time. But might be ok if you plan to leave him AAA all next year anyhow.

Previous Page | Show All |