Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> International pool can be viable, if you're patient.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
poorteam

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After 8 full seasons of drafting nothing but International, if there's one thing I learned, you need huge patience for this pool.

Now, with more people drafting from the pool my International only team is slowing falling off. I'm glad people have realized that there is talent in there, they just take time.

Also, the fun thing is - I CANNOT USE high school or college! I may sign/waive American players, but I'm strictly keeping myself to only 2 hitters and 2 pitchers.

I'm hoping I can straight promote to Legends just to prove that International afterall is viable (Since a large majority of my team is international).

Thanks for reading.

Updated Saturday, September 22 2018 @ 8:20:43 pm PDT

Updated Saturday, September 22 2018 @ 8:21:04 pm PDT
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've found that you can occasionally catch a gem in the first couple rounds, but after that it's usually a waste.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can get gems in any of the pools. I think the international pool is less fished because it has more duds in it. But that just means those fishing it have less competition, and thus more opportunities to find gems. If it was fished in more frequently it would definitely be a poor choice. The biggest benefit of the international pool is that it is under-fished.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 This tends to be my experience with it as well, and I’ve made it a habit for the past seven or so seasons to make one pick from International within the first two rounds. Sure, occasionally I get a Rusell Stevens, but I’ve also gotten Enrique Madrigal (in the third round, actually) and Guus Kroes.

So… yeah, it can have its share of gems, same as any other pool. The biggest risk I’ve seen with it is that it’s very easy to wind up with a player who’s horribly underdeveloped. I’ve cut two 14 POT International pitchers I’ve drafted because of how far below the curve they were, and even Madrigal was never going to make it to his 15 POT rating (and probably only got as far as he did with the help of the MTU a few seasons back).
poorteam

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except the pool is incredibly smaller than all the other pools, and most of the time the product is far from developed, Most of the time, a 15 POT in International isn't seen as "great" as a 15 POT from HS/COL/LAT.

I also only dug in that pool for many seasons and while granted fewer people went in it then, alot more the past 3-4 seasons have and the pool dies out quick.

My experiment is finished, gunna keep playing with my crop, but all I was saying is... International pool isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

:)
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh now I know who was stealing all my potential stars from Int pool! :)

Previous Page | Show All |