Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Impact of weather   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is noted in BB rules that weather may have some impact on things like player performance and/or attendance. I've never really paid much attention to weather. Are there any owners out there that do? If so, do you notice an impact?

Also, are the regional weather forecasts that are provided generally true to reality for that time of year? For example, more consistently warm/hot in the South and Southwest but cold in the Central and Northeast? Rainy in the Northwest, etc?

Updated Friday, November 16 2018 @ 3:00:15 pm PST
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
If I'm paying especially good attention, I'll slightly lower pitch counts for days with the red, glowing sun. The game manual says: "Hot: tends to decrease pitcher's stamina." I don't change anything for other weathers.

Someone could study the weather patterns. I haven't investigated it, but I feel like it's not particularly realistic by season and region. Right now, Murfreesboro (South) has a whole week of reasonable weather at the end of June and beginning of July. I'm pretty sure it's generally 90+ in real life. Meanwhile, the Arctic region has the "Hot" weather featured on June 29th. Really? And the Southeast region has "Cold" weather on June 27th & June 30. Doubtful in real life, right?

My hunch is there's a weather algorithm in play and every region is independent. It might look at today and assign a random chance (50%) to stay the same the next day, but a different set of random chances to change to the others (10%+?). Maybe the Windy and Rainy weathers have less chance of staying the next day or something like that? I don't know. It would be fairly easy for someone to study over a few days and figure out how it seems to work.

Previous Page | Show All |