Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Strange that no one picked up my round 2 draft pick. I just released my #1 that many were saying is good even though no one would make a wager backing it up. Claim away! I bet someone will take him, but I still say he'll never be good enough to be an every day player. Good luck!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Keeping an eye on Quintana. He has exploded in a good direction this week. He hit his first two homers and raised his average 30 or 40 points I think. It has been a good enough week that I actually got a little nervous about my decision to release him. We'll see if can continue the trend as a Halfling.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Define good.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. I didn't even realize I had picked him up... He's looking pretty good to me so far. Not worried about his early numbers in A. Its a transition.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@allen54chevy

Well it certainly isn't that...
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Granted, I'm very new to this game, but this is the first time the scouting report and the guy's actual attributes have been so.... different.

http://brokenbat.org/player/236918

Is that glowing scouting report enough to hang on to the guy and hope he develops like crazy? Or is he clearly just a dud who happened to hoodwink my scouts?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He's probably not a good proposition.

Being an 11 potential RHB 1B-type makes it tough. 12 potential guys that fill that role a readily available on waivers.

You could look past that and give him a try (hoping maybe that his potential bar creeps upward), but then there are his current skills. As you said, he has a lot of work to do.

When you put those two concerns together, I think you come up with a pretty low chance this guy turns into something. If you aren't under roster pressure you could see hang on to him and see how he does in the minors (probably not well with those skills). But this is working against him too. Minors are done for this season, so it would be 4-5 updates before you get to see much from him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He has several negatives:

- Above Average Potential
- POT 11 isn't great
- High fielding on a POT 11 means lower hitting ratings
- Righty with a 1B build
- 29 starting SI (difficult to overcome for even a 17 year old)

+ Great Hitting w/ some slugging
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought I'll be able to pick up my last round player this late in the season after releasing some veterans but I guess not... it says I already made the pick. Well, whatever.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it's limited to a week after the round opens now.

Previous Page | Show All |