Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> A new draft IDEA   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new and not sure if this has been said before but, I'll say it the top teams are hoarding talent that's not even being used. I'm suggesting a new draft where all minor league players 26 and over are put in a draft (like our current draft system). teams would also be able to protect up to 3 players. this would push harder choices on higher teams and distribute talent.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not against this idea, but I'm also not sure how accurate your data is. Teams might have some players down in AAA right now during spring training, but most of them will be brought up for the season (and seasons end). Hording 26+ year old players in your minor leagues is really a recipe to not be a top team. I doubt many of the top teams are hording aging rookies.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At 26 yo, if they're not playing in the big league, they probably aren't developing into stars -- even if re-purposed to lower level teams.

Steve
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good point but what about around 23 years old as they can still develop into good players but they can still be an overpriced bust.
Da_Juice

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So this would be like the MLB's Rule 5 draft, which would mean you have to keep that player on the major league roster til the end of the year. But idk how you do this and work it out.
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, like the rule 5 draft but since putting them on the major league roster may cause problems for some players I was thinking of a set amount of players you could protect from being in the draft so it's more like an expansion draft in that scene. And not all your players would be taken due to age or no one picks them. We could also add the 23+ free agents as well.

it's just an idea i had

Updated Wednesday, March 27 2019 @ 2:08:36 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |