Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> League Legends Analysis: 2040   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I had some time on my hands so I decided to do a brief analysis of this season Legends leagues teams. I used my own criteria (which I’m sure is not the best) for each skill to establish some kind of ranking, and not the SI that the game delivers. So it’s only natural that the results will not be in line with what the SI may state. That said I’m not saying my criteria for each skill is better, just different.

Anyways here we go..I did two different analysis of each roster of the LL. In the first I used the entire roster of each team, after doing that I considered that that could be a bit misleading being that the teams that have more players on their roster were getting (I believe) a big penalty by that. So I opted to do a second analysis this time using the best 23 players on the team, 12 positions players and 11 pitchers. Bellow are the results.

Results collected on - Game Date: Mar 20th, 2040

Rank H = Hitting Ranking
Rank F = Fielding Ranking
Rank P = Pitching Ranking
Total Rnk = Total Rank of all 3 Combined
HIT = Hitting Capacity Using my Criteria
FIELD = Fielding Capacity Using my Criteria
PITCH = Pitching Capacity Using my Criteria
AVG = Average of Hitting+Fielding+Pitching
AVG S = Average Salary Per Player

EAST WITH FULL ROSTER
02D1LPy.png

WEST WITH FULL ROSTER
dMLU7hE.png

LEAGUE FULL ROSTER
ye4KOd6.png

EAST WITH BEST 23 PLAYERS ROSTER
wHNN9GL.png

WEST WITH BEST 23 PLAYERS ROSTER
8iXlaLA.png

LEAGUE BEST 23 PLAYERS ROSTER
HBfs9A3.png

The entire data (including salary info) can be found on This Google Sheet.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Wasn't liking this halfway through, but by the end you'd won me over for some reason... ;)

So, in a nutshell, if everyone stays healthy we could win Legends...and if injuries mount up we could be demoted. You could probably make that argument for every team! I guess that's why we play the games.

Nice work.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! By at least one set of criteria, the best team in the best league is in my cup group...Awesome!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Now I’m wanting to do one of my usual by-the-numbers analysis runs of Legends to see how it compares… <.< >.> <.<;
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting twist comparing the strength of the full rosters vs the top 23 guys in each squad. Thanks for sharing!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I always enjoy seeing other people's takes. I have a spreadsheet that I have refined over the seasons that a C&P my opponents' rosters into to try and gauge their strength. (Unlike the OP's rankings, it was purely based on SI, weighting different skills).

In truth, I haven't used it for a while. Eventually decided that there are enough other factors (under/over scouting, hidden variables, managers, etc..) that SI isn't quite as strong an indicator as I first thought.

Do appreciate the effort the OP put in. There are some ... curious ... rankings to my eye, but different perspective is the value of the exercise.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@AssumedPseudonym

"…Now I’m wanting to do one of my usual by-the-numbers analysis runs of Legends to see how it compares…"

Go for it, I'm sure it will deliver different results.

---
@Seca

"I always enjoy seeing other people's takes. I have a spreadsheet that I have refined over the seasons that a C&P my opponents' rosters into to try and gauge their strength. (Unlike the OP's rankings, it was purely based on SI, weighting different skills).

In truth, I haven't used it for a while. Eventually decided that there are enough other factors (under/over scouting, hidden variables, managers, etc..) that SI isn't quite as strong an indicator as I first thought.

Do appreciate the effort the OP put in. There are some ... curious ... rankings to my eye, but different perspective is the value of the exercise."

Oh absolutely, any sort of analysis one makes (being with SI or a different criteria like I used with different weights) is just one's views of how (in my case) each skill works in the game, without factoring anything else. It's just a fun exercise.

Updated Wednesday, March 27 2019 @ 8:25:34 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |