Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Dunbar managed a 3.64 ERA and a 4.64 FIP to end his age 34 season for the Ravens. Apparently the defense bailed his ass out something serious this season, but it wouldn't be the first time (see 2038).

I started playing this game in 2028, and Dunbar was my third ever draft pick, and my first 14 POT. He also is the first career Raven under my ownership, with the rather mediocre Rubén Gonzalez being around second longest. A small part of me is hesitant to carry Dunbar into 2035; 2039 or worse could be in his future. (Truth be told, I've seen much worse results from a SP in II.2 than 2039.) But a large part of me thinks it necessary to hold him all of next season so he can retire a career Raven and go into my HoF. I suppose as long he doesn't get in the way of any potential run at the championship next season, he'll find a roster spot. Worst case long relief? Regardless, the Ravens salute Dunbar and hope he can put up one more useful season.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that beautiful curve in his career stats. His age 30–32 seasons are definitely Dunbar at his peak, with all those shutouts, complete games, a lovely WHIP, etc.

Updated Tuesday, May 21 2019 @ 7:35:49 am PDT
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Long ugly slog..

III was a rough year.. many injuries, mediocre free agents, and tough competition but I avoided relegation by a game.

Hopefully, some return-to-form action next season.

GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ended one infuriating game back. Since I had one reliever who had 16 wins, 8 losses, 2 saves and 14 Blown, someone may be taken out behind the clubhouse, horsewhipped, executed, then released. Maybe next year.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey ya'll I'm back (i was the coach of Presque Isle, I used to be super active on these forums)

I kinda forgot about this game for a couple months and then was too depressed about it to go back. I just couldn't even bear to look at my team until now, I'm still super pissed at myself for letting my team to go division VI but hopefully I can pull myself out of the gutter and win some games. The bot seems to have done a good job with managing development, and tbh the bot has done a better job drafting than I did, despite the stupid thing only picking like half the time :p .

Very, very, very happy to see the new ignore feature added, great work!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome back, Cactus. I certainly remember you. Good to have you back.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Haselrig, glad to see you are doing well as always. :)
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
As I say goodbye to 2040 and see that my team made $9.7m profit, I gotta wonder if my cheap ways were folly. I lost the division by 1 game (to a fully deserving team), but did what I usually do -- avoid any big salary vets. When I search the waivers I limit the search to < 29 year old players and don't have anyone on my roster who makes $3m even (at LL III). I missed out even knowing about Enrique Ramos for example, whom one of my division rivals, JJNZ, picked up. I could have used him. Would we have made the playoffs with a Ramos like player and make Squiddcatt dwell in LL III.1 another year?

My roster will return everyone, except the one guy I have to cut to get under 50. Yet this roster isn't gonna get any better -- they are done developing pretty much. So maybe I will have to spend and retread some of your old vets. Of course JJNZ will beat me out on getting the best ones, as he does to everyone.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
III was a rough year.. many injuries, mediocre free agents, and tough competition but I avoided relegation by a game.

Tell me about it - your gain was my pain, lost the division to that season-ending loss. Could be more of the same (hopefully not) next season!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome back Cactus. Did wonder where youd gotten to!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Amalric!

Yeah to be honest I just forgot about this in starting university. I'm happy to be back though.

Hopefully I can get back to sniping you all on prospect waiver claims, I've already put in around 50 tonight.

Diaz has developed nicely, despite ya'll hating on him. :D

Updated Saturday, May 25 2019 @ 9:01:09 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |