Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
There were some suggestions about changing the draft time but I don't know if anything came of them.

It might just be Steve making as certain as he can that it's going to run smoothly (relatively speaking) from the get-go. No rush, same for everyone.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought it sat in "Player Update" much longer than usual this morning. May have been a little snag there.

Possible there will be hitches. Stay chill.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It certainly did, I think it was over an hour for the training update alone to process.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No big rush, Steve's working hard for us. Gotta put some respect on his name.
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
The draft is open.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, draft is open. The server is running super slow...it took 55 minutes to do the economic update.

Steve
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I want to thank Steve for working hard to make all the new changes to the draft system!

My immediate feedback hopefully can help his process in its refinement.

I went for SS. I got a wide variety of quality (3 or 4 that were 8 to 9 POTs and only 3 with 12+ POT). I took the highest -- a 14 POT, but not because I think POT is worth much of anything anymore, but because he was the one of 2 that had any positive hitting report.

The biggest issue that left me feeling flat, was that not one of the 10 players was close to a SS build. Only 4 had 13+ range. The only other player than the one I took to have both 10 range and 10 arm was an 8 POT with 12 range and 13 arm. Ouch. The 14 POT that I took was the only one with both range and arm over 12 (yet he will "always be a poor fielder"). And only 2 had positive fielding reports and neither had even 10 arm. There was an 11 POT that could be a decent no hit 2B.

My take away (other than getting an ok OF player) is that unless you are going for Pitcher, forget about going for position. At least this season.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the more information but a 1st Round draft board should not have four 11 POT and two 10 POT players on it.

That is just not realistic.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, I went international so this is skewed a little bit compared to the other pools, but I had a 9 and two 10's among my selections, along with a glut of 11s, a couple 12s and a couple 13s.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, all. Camping was great, considering what the weather forecast looked like before I left.

Time to catch up on some posts, team maintenance, and then draft!

Oh, I'll also add that I'm not surprised to hear Hayseed's comment about not seeing any realistic SS candidates when selecting by the position SS in the draft. I continue to maintain that it's one of the weaknesses of player generation; I'd still love to see more realistic from-scratch builds. *shrug*

Previous Page | Show All |