Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Round 3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think there are just a lot more POT 14s and POT 15s in the draft now because of the fuzziness. I had a very strong board this week. Several really good options. Went with yet another 3B (from the 1B pool).

Haverhill so far -
1st round -> Catcher Pool -> Poor board -> possible backup SS (POT 14)
2nd round -> 1B? Pool -> Good board -> Very Strong 3B (POT 15)
3rd round -> 1B Pool -> Very Good Board -> Very Strong 3B (POT 14)

I'm not used to keeping so many picks... Lots of difficult cutting to do.

Updated Friday, June 21 2019 @ 2:28:11 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
It took almost 25 years, but the Dawgs got their first 16 pot and first top 10 overall prospect -
Blaine "on the Train" Kelly
I hope he stay 16 and the amateur stats don't count too much, 20 speed with 1 steal actually made me look at the rest of the board.

1st round - Latin - one option board:
Jose Navarro ... little behind the curve, but I like his si pop speed so far

2nd round - Latin - one option board:
Alfredo Martínez ... might need to learn slower - he's not coming up to the majors as a catcher

wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock judging by everyone’s posts it does feel like there are more quality prospects. Deadwood hasn’t seen ANY however, in all three rounds.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@wickersty, same here and I also agree with your statement that there are more quality prospects. I just haven't seen them. The highest potential player that I've seen on any of my three draft boards was a 13 POT.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Needed to add(hopefully) a true 3B to my minor league system so I drafted from the 3B pool and struck gold. 15pot 13 range 16 arm and outstanding fielding.
wick

Bayonne Bleeders
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock @all How do we all feel about the 'fuzziness' factor? Is the general consensus that now prospect's POT will more often trend upwards or downwards over the seasons? Or do we think that it happens faster than that? I ask because I thought I recalled last season, when we first started talking about the fuzziness factor, that some prospects were released right after drafting at like POT 11 or POT 12 and had bumped POT before the end of the season.

I'm curious how quickly we might see prospect's POTs adjust after drafting.
spenaat

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Carefully optimistic with this one:

http://brokenbat.org/player/216291
6th Man

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got Lucas Duda's little brother. Nice 15 pot pull.https://brokenbat.org/player/201842
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent nickname on Duda.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm good with the fuzziness, it feels like it represents real MLB scouting where you aren't sure if they'll hit their potential or miss and still be a useful player.

I'm decently confident that Rodrigo won't hit his 15 POT threshold (unless his scouting is misrepresented) but I'm still curious to see how he pans out.

Previous Page | Show All |