Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Catch me if you can   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carnival

Fresno Eagles
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder, if you could only choose 1 All-Star player for your team, at which position do you prefer this player?

Im mostly interested in Brokenbat answers, but feel free to comment in real life too.

Carnival
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Catcher in real life. Shortstop in Broken Bat. The Moo Cows dream of a few future seasons without a revolving door house fire at shortstop.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
SS is definitely the most difficult to staff in BB because of the demanding defensive capabilities.

I suppose I could make an argument for Closer as well. Having a shutdown Closer can make a big difference, but an all-star SS contributes on both sides of the ball.

Updated Tuesday, July 9 2019 @ 5:53:39 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ hurstdm
You may have Contreras or Sanchez. I'll take Trout.

Probably me being dumb, but I think CF has surpassed SS in the modern game. With analytics and shifts most teams are happy to play a tree stump at 2B so long as it hits 30 HRs. Think much of the same logic extends to SS.

I've seen a number of Angels games this season. And every time I've felt Trout had more impact on the game defensively than Simmons.

In BrokenBat there is no question it is SS. It leverages every player skill. No other position does that.

Not to pick a fight, but closer isn't on the radar. You have to be winning for them to even play. It is the definition of "win more".
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think its a competition because SS is the obvious answer. I just mentioned Closer because they are the most important pitching position. They pitch the all the important inning which help you "lose less." To me "win more" is the batters' jobs. "Lose less" is the pitchers' jobs.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
As it turns out I have an All Star SS

Previous Page | Show All |