Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> "Very Good Hitter" with 19 hitting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Gophy2611

Canton Tornados
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Has anybody else had a player with this hitting comment get all the way to 19? Also, would you play Santiago against RHP if you were me?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on the rest of your squad. His PD is pretty poor, and it shows in his BB (and OBP). His OPS is reasonable for a platoon though.

In terms of the 19, its likely one of two things.

1) His Ability is being over-rated, and he isn't actually that high.

2) He was initially under-rated by the scouts.

Hard to tell which one it is, which is why I always rely on the performance at the end of the day.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Santiago looks like a better hitter than Munoz, but his fielding will be noticeably worse. I would probably play him. His defensive build looks better suited to RF than 3B to me, but if that's not where you have need than it may not matter.

FWIW, I think he was probably under-scouted. A player's ratings can have fuzziness too, but unlike the scouting report skill ratings should sharpen over time.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
They do sharpen, but I don't think they sharpen to 100%. I've had guys who performed well above their ratings at old age, and then dropped off a cliff without appearing to lose anything. So I think some guys are perpetually over/under rated. I don't think the sharpening happens at a consistent rate for all players.

Jaime Carrasco is a good example of this. I'm quite sure he was perpetually underrated. He always performed well above his ratings. Then one season after dropping 1 SI, he plummeted to his death. In my mind, I imagine he was losing SI, but wasn't showing up due to him being so horrible underrated in the first place.

Updated Monday, February 15 2021 @ 6:37:46 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |