Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Player of the game?!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is a first for me.

North Charleston 2 - Burlington 3

Bottom of the ninth down by one. Runners at 1st and 2nd. Ernie Austin hits a walk off double. He goes 2 for 5 with 2 RBI and 1 run scored. He accounts for all of our runs. So player of the game, right?

Wrong. Player of the game was our catcher Vince Corrigan who was 2 for 4 with 0 RBI and 0 runs(PR for in the ninth). But he did have 3 caught stealing and no stolen bases against.

This is the first time I have seen that defensive stats may be factors in determining player of the game. Any other examples?

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If some pitcher or hitter had gaudy game statistics, then Corrigan would have probably been passed over.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The only thing I know is that defensive stats don't factor into the Gold Glove awards.

League III.1 2B Gold Glove winner Hal James was #2 on the league error board with 21 errors on the season.

Not sure what it does factor in. Maybe just whoever had the most defensive innings at each position?

jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
V.9

Broken Bat Baseball
Not quite the same but similar - http://brokenbat.org/game/4078130

Ohgi and Perry were both 1/3 with a HR but Ohgi's was worth 1 RBI and Perry's 3 so why did Ohgi get POTG? I assume it's because Perry's error counted against him so defensive factors came into the calculation again.

Although Ohgi also drew a walk so maybe it's because his OBP for the game was better.

Previous Page | Show All |