League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> IV.6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Johnny! Looks like you're off to another strong start. Highest PD in the whole league. I had another slow start at 4-9, but hoping things are starting to pick up now.

Agreed that this league is looking pretty tight early on. Best of luck all!
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Falcons clinch the East for the third time in three years! Currently swapping roster spots for the last 6 games.

Heck of an effort by Muncie, they pushed us all year. Also Atlantic City really had my number until our last 4 game series. I didn't look up our matchup record, but I dreaded every time the Broadwalkers showed up on our schedule.

Currently watching the LA/Brentwood race very closely in the West right now!

Edit: I looked it up and Falcons went 11-9 against Muncie and an even 10-10 against Atlantic City, although I didn't look into how aggressive of a lineup the Broadwalkers rolled out against us in the last 4 game series where I managed to even up the season matchup.

I did really well in interleague play. I never got a sweep but I won every series while posting a 44-16 record there.

Updated Sunday, November 8 2020 @ 2:44:30 pm PST
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone in this league active here?
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
the 2050 east division is the craziest race...at 75 games played we have 5 teams within 1 game and a tie for first and the last place team only 5 back--a blanket could cover the whole group...totally nuts!

Updated Sunday, May 30 2021 @ 7:52:27 pm PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Frustrating start to the season here in PI, we are not living up to the run differential for sure, lots of 1-run losses and blown saves.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
2051 season wrapped up, so how lifelike was run scoring for the season compared to MLB?

Pretty close to 2019, when the MLB average for runs per game for each team was 4.83 runs; for BB IV6 it came to 4.95

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/majors/2019.shtml

BB IV.6 9506 total scored divided by (160 x 12) equals 4.95

MLB 2020 was a shortened season so i don't think comparison is meaningful. As for MLB 2021, the MLB average per team is down to 4.53 per game (baseball fixed to carry less far?)

looks like our league gave some true to life results !
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh my gosh! We've won the league! The Novi Doubledays absolutely crushed us during the regular season, winning 8 of the 10 games we played. But somehow things went our way in the playoffs.

Thank you to all the teams in league IV-6 for season 2055...you played good ball all season long and showed fighting spirit throughout. Good luck in the coming seasons.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations, Ken! Good run.

We were feeling pretty good about our prospects when we stole home field, but coughed it right back the next day. I tried to make some adjustments, but my options for pitching were pretty limited with Vázquez out for the whole series.

Good luck next season and I hope you keep on movin' up.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you, Haselrig.

You've built a fine team and it was a tough break to lose one of your top pitchers for the series. I didn't like my chances going in and would have been happy to win 2 given how you dominated in the regular season.

Good luck to you also next season!
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Season 2063... time flies.

Previous Page | Show All |