League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.28   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Detroit over Bloomington in six games to win the 2022 title! Congrats to Detroit, who was easily the best team all year.

Final finish:
West
Detroit
Corona
Simi Valley
Applewood Lake
Honolulu
Salt Lake City

East
Bloomington
Milford
Elyria
Watertown
Oxford
Charlottesville

Updated Friday, June 5 2015 @ 4:08:46 am PDT
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Blowing the dust off of an ancient thread....

After 94 wins last season, Bountiful's goal is to reach 100 wins this season. It's obviously quite ambitious, especially with such a young team, and an almost entirely unproven pitching staff. The offense is also young but has a few good veterans mixed into it. Last season saw Bountiful field one of the best defenses in franchise history, which isn't saying a whole lot, but it'll only get better.

Updated Monday, July 23 2018 @ 6:51:20 am PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This is a cool time capsule :)

Good luck to Bountiful this season. No coincidence you gave up less runs last season with a better defense. Remember, range is a team aggregate so maybe bring in the left field wall to help your OFers. LL6 was a fun time. You could build really good offensive clubs. Made for a whole lot of fun!

Go Tornadoes!
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you Sir.

I appreciate the encouragement. Hopefully I'll someday follow you up the pyramid of success!

A few random notes;

I don't expect to Tornadoes to be much more than a dark horse contender this season. Pitching's much to young and unstable to allow this team to be a true force. Pitching has been my nemesis.

I had zero pitchers on my first round draft board this season, shrug. Drafted two 13 potential pitchers since I took over in 2030, nothing higher. Hopefully my young rebuilt defense can somewhat hide my pitching flaws.

I need several rangey outfielders, and a better second baseman. I have two 15 potential prospects for both 2b and of in my minors, Charles, and Conner will both be coming up in the next season or two....well maybe more. Conner will be a monster out in centerfield.

Goal is to draft a few decent outfielders and pitchers out of college and Asian over the next several seasons. Or get lucky on waivers. See how that goes. Obviously need more pitching before I can move past the lower levels.

Updated Tuesday, July 24 2018 @ 1:44:05 pm PDT

Updated Tuesday, July 24 2018 @ 1:46:36 pm PDT
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The new season is upon us!

Bountiful did reach its goal of one-hundred wins last season. This season the goal is to promote. Pitching is still a concern though breakout rookie of the year pitcher Bret Wright aces a staff that is decently improved from last season's.

The offense is lead by twenty-four year old, reigning MVP Ned Carver. And Shoma Nakagawa who almost had as many mvp votes last season. The offense should be stellar and the defense very good if this team is to overcome its lack of pitching talent.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 As the owner of the team holding Broken Bat’s record in 100+-win-second-place finishes (only one of which I was the owner for, but which would have won your division last season), I can offer a unique perspective when I say: Go get ’em. ^.~
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have almost a 100+ better run differential than anybody in the division. Yet, Bountiful is in third place and 5 games back. Urghhh...
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Things falling together!!!!!
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of nice when you have the second most wins in the entire brokenbat realm.
jcc_paco

Fullerton Distortion
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Bradley Durbin lost a no-hitter with 2 outs in the 9th. Sooooo close!

Apache Junction ended up with 1 Hit by Reyna with 2 outs in the 9th of our 3-0 win.

Previous Page | Show All |