League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> II.2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

College Station Athletics
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, did Corvallis just go from 5th to first by going 6-4 in their last ten??
Crazy division.
motko

Bronx Athletics
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
West is a tie. East is set except Bronx will climb up. Managed even take 2-1 wins against roanoke now.

Interleague will be crazy shuffle.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
May have went from fifth to first, but now we have 2.5 games separating first through sixth. This reminds me a bit of how the East was so evenly matched going into the end of the season last season. Regardless, nutso stuff, for sure.

As for the East, wouldn't count Grand Blanc out completely. They need to get their pitching settled, but not out for the count. And good point about playing other divisions; curious how that will turn out.

Updated Wednesday, April 10 2019 @ 7:49:17 pm PDT
Frankebasta

Laredo Mules
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Same as last season, Laredo is desperate for pitching :(
Relief pitching has been horrible: not their fault, they are AAA players actually.
So I fear interleague play more than anything
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We cross those division lines today, boys and girls. Some have dreaded it, others have had cautious optimism. Let's see what train wreck cross-divisional play brings to II.2 this season. Play ball!
Frankebasta

Laredo Mules
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
After 2 games, East is 11-1
Go figure!
motko

Bronx Athletics
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@XLee227, congrats on a cup advance. Good luck with your opponent, they might be a huge challenge.
Frankebasta

Laredo Mules
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Great series between division leaders Roanoke and Laredo.
Looking forward to the rematch
Frankebasta

Laredo Mules
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
On 04/11/2019 Laredo Mules wrote:

Same as last season, Laredo is desperate for pitching :(
Relief pitching has been horrible: not their fault, they are AAA players actually.
So I fear interleague play more than anything

With 4 Mules SPs nominated for the All-star Game, I suppose I should make a comment or three.

I'd rather shut up, for fear of jinxing myself
FreddyTheEye

College Station Athletics
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Decent first half for CSA. If we had won our last game and evened our record at home then I'd have said good first half, but we didn't.

Mid Season Report:

A few of our big pre-season problems have been solved.

2B: solved. Arrival of big leaguers Carrera/Garcia, and minor leaguers Valentin/Drake. Second basemen fell from the air!!
SS: not much progress : Davidson/Webster in majors, and Reimer (19 range, no hitting) in minors
3B : 3B- Next season will likely be the last for one of three remaining members of the legends champion team and possibly the mvp, Mario Corea. His likely replacement is now in AAA... Davila.
OF/1B- No issues, mix of vets, young studs and a few minor league prospects.

Pitching: The young pitching squad has stepped up nicely with Pascual looking to emerge as a legit #1 guy. The minors appear to be stacked and the future looks bright.

Young arms:Pascual, Oviedo, Babauta, Kwon, Wilkerson, Wisniewski, Richardson

Minor League potential quality starters: AAA: Lee, Canada, AA: Costa, A: Colon R: Aragon, Dorman

Notes:

33yr old club:Webster, Kim, Gallo and Deleon (34), Costa (32) will all be released near or at season's end to free up 5 roster spots for next season.
Needed: SS - majors and minors, emergence of a number 1 starter, and to clean up minors pitching roster spots. Currently six speculative arms to sort/cut down to three.
Need a better second half from: Clemente, Hunt, McGowan

We could still promote or demote this season so every game continues to be important.

Good luck in the second half guys!

Previous Page | Show All |