League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> IV.2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TheGmEra

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Won my division in v3 west and now im here. Im ready to have some human compitition this time as 4 of the 5 teams were bots. We are going to have some fun this season 5l1ink
TheGmEra

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice 15-13 win to start things off
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
And here we are, out of the fire of division play and into the frying pan of interleague.

It's been a tale of 3 teams so far
R1: 5-12, -30 RD
R2: 11-6, +15 RD
R3: 8-8, +25 RD

Abysmal start to the season with my stud closer blowing saves right out the gate. The pitching I take pride in was an utter embarrassment. Hitting was and still is lackluster but it's not much of a surprise. Still can't hit lefties if our lives depend on it and our 1 run games and extra innings games are gifts to the opposing team. The team is the antithesis of clutch. we certainly have positives but they are far outweighed by negatives. ending off a game below .500 is a miracle when my team can't establish consistency. Just like 2057 it appears Burnsville has taken the early lead and will likely establish further dominance, ironic considering Lakeland is back in the east and they appear to be a dominant force once again. even better news is I get to start off interleague against them. We're still trying to get the sour taste out of our mouths from getting swept by Lakeville and luckily splitting a series against Burnsville.

One thing I will say is I'm very excited to see if the low RA in the east is due to dominant pitching or weaker hitting. I'm hoping to see a lot of pitcher's duels against Orlando, New York, Lakeland and especially North Bergen (187 RA is some elite pitching and D)

Loads of fun ahead!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
New York and Farmington Hills are moving on up!

The home advantage was fortunately in favour of the East this season, and we went 3-1 there in taking the series in the full seven games. Won the first two at home, lost the next two on the road before taking game five, then promptly lost game six at home - it really was a series that could have gone either way.

But on to more important matters, and on to LLIII after six seasons away. I'd hope results are better this time around, but I'm not putting on any wagers!
Pearlnew

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm very happy to start next season (my second) in this league. I hope to do a good job!! Good luck
zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So I was a bit bored and attempted to create a WAR table for our league. The main goal was to check how the players compare beyond usual stats and predict the most valuable offensive players. I used a very simple formula and it has obvious flaws, but it was still a fun experiment.

oWAR takes into account OBP, SLG and Baserunning (only SB and CS, no extra bases on hits).

dWAR takes into account games played at each position and staff like errors, assists and double plays. It uses some subjective coefficients that I tinkered with until the results seemed adequate to me.

It doesn't include more advanced defencive stats, as I don't know how to get them. The game has infield assists, fielding attempts etc, but not in a convenient table.

Also, calling it WAR is not completely correct, as I used an average player for our league instead of a replacement level player. Still makes some sense I hope.

As for results, I find them quite predictable so far. Delray has by Farr the best player in the league. :)

Here are 30 best players:

ulk3UjI.png

And the worst:

0TJKRCC.png

Updated Friday, December 22 2023 @ 6:30:54 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent work, zimanable! And congrats on a terrific season, the Polar Bears were the class of the East from day one.

No surprise that New York has just one player in the top 30 here, and equally unsurprising that we have four in the bottom 30 (though three have been cut along the way, and they were all projects/bottom of the roster guys). We certainly have nobody like Farr, though not many teams do. The Stingrays might have really been in trouble without him.

Other than the two division leaders, it's been close all season.
zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Excellent work, zimanable! And congrats on a terrific season, the Polar Bears were the class of the East from day one.

Thanks! It was very unexpected to be honest, and I don't really know where the results came from. So it wouldn't be a surprise if we are back here soon. :)
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
After a one season trip down to V.3, the Pembroke Pines Gators are back for another season in IV.2. Looking forward to a great season, good luck to everyone.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome back texg8r! Don't think we'll be seeing North Bergen anytime soon, off to an 18-7 start in LLIII.

Despite our best Cup start in a while NY is struggling at 10-16 in league play and just lost our best (/only good) pitcher for 34 days. We clung on here last season by the skin of our teeth, so its either going to be another struggle this year or time to build for the future.

Previous Page | Show All |