League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.7   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes a very interesting pitching staff, on what seems on paper an average or above-average staff. Interesting to see how the season unfolds.
Here's me hoping my sub-par staff can mix it around it fuel my HR offence in the batting-friendly park.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 So. DFB versus Butte. The most productive offense in the league versus the stingiest pitching in the league. Irresistible force meets immovable object. This is going to be an awesome series to take us to the Break. ^.^
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Somehow my pitching came through to take the series 3-2 versus Butte. However my pitching has transformed into one of the worst staffs in the league, heavily relying on offense. Despite a good RD only in 4th place in the league :(
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sheish, I don't expect better results when we play in your park. The five games in four days format for interdivisional series makes it impossible for me to hide a couple of my pitchers who are especially vulnerable in smaller parks.
We may have higher scores than in the first series but I won't be surprised if the end result is the same or worse for me... but, who knows, maybe my only power hitter can get some guys on in front of him and at least make it interesting.

AP, your park is a pretty big. I might be able to pitch there.
Our first series was a bit surprising. I thought you'd overpower my pitching which, as you guys have noticed, really isn't as good as the numbers say. Somehow that didn't happen (except for the fourth game... I missed an injury to a starter and a LR had to start game 3... leaving my bullpen short for the next game... especially since the stars have to align to get my LHSs in a game against a lineup with just one left-handed hitter)
I also thought you'd shut me out a time or two. But there's always the next series.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 See ya in the playoffs, Herp Derp. On the one hand, advantage looks to be yours if our interdivisional games are anything to go by; on the other hand, I might be overdue. This oughtta be fun. ^.^
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I may have taken the season series (barely) but I'm definitely not strutting into this... a little nervous actually.

You're playing great... on more of a roll right now than I am.

Those bats you have leave my pitching no room for error.

My shortstop is out for the first two games. Sure, he hits like a pitcher but I've been really happy with him in the field since he got the capital SS about 30 games ago. Gonna have to bring up a guy from AA to cover for him; am a little worried about that.

Mostly I'm just hoping for a well-played series.
Good luck to you... but not too much good luck, eh.
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ouch

Congratulations, AP.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Well. I figured I was due against you, I didn’t figure I was that due. o.O;

I had to start Rodriguez in Game #5 on short rest because he was almost recharged and… well… because he’s C-Guez. It’s kinda hard to not start a possible Cy Young repeat when you have a chance to close out a playoff series. I was expecting this to be a long and brutal playoff series, though, especially after that 1-0 affair in Game #1, and I would probably have thrown C-Guez into Game #7, too, if we’d gone that far.

…Also I still have no idea how your pitching works. Whatever you’re doing, though, you’re definitely doing it right. You really only had one off game during the playoffs. One bad outing from anyone on my staff and we’d still be playing tomorrow, and even eight innings of one-run ball in Game #1 wasn’t enough to keep it from going five games. If you keep pitching like that, V.4 West is going to have their hands full next season.

Which, speaking of, let’s go get ’em! Good luck to us both up there in 2035. ^.^
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Despite that playoff loss to AP's Rats, Butte seems to be sticking in V.4 for now. 2037 will be their third straight season in that league and fourth out of the last five.

And now Shamokin will be joining them up there... probably just for one brutal season, but I'll take it. The reason I wanted this team was because they had never won anything... 0 Prestige... and I wanted to see if I could get them turned around.
I guess it's no great feat to win in a league with just two or three* other active owners (and it's not like I ran away with anything) but I was happy with the unexpected division win and the playoff series against kycatzrock's team; they've been solid for several seasons now and I'm glad to see them advance too.
Now I have to hit waivers hard and hope I win a couple of good ones and maybe try to win more than 50 games up there.

*sheish hasn't been around since the 4th... hope he didn't lose some fingers to an M80 or stand under a falling bullet or anything
Drewbz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Really looking forward to this season. Leaning heavily on veteran pitchers as a short term stop-gap until I can get my farm set up how I want it and some younger arms develop.

An amazing offense really carried me last year. Didn't expect to have a shot at a divisional title going into the last series of my first year, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. Hoping to build on that this year, though I foresee a lack of quality arms being my undoing again this time around.

Previous Page | Show All |