Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good Luck All!
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh wow, there is a forum for this league after all!

The now-Cary now-Chiefs sent six players to the ASG.

Diego Vargas got hit in his last two starts but is still 12-4 with a 3.07 ERA. He was the East's starter in a 2-0 win.

Denzel Fitzgerald had never played C until this season (he should really have been a 3B, not a SS/OF) but is having another terrific season regardless.

Tony Gaytan was the DH, and my entire starting OF of Lyle Hasegawa, Jesse Finley and Cesar Solis all made it.

Excluding Gaytan the other guys can all fly, 137 SB so far this season, and were 3-for-4 in the ASG.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
*coughs, blows away cobwebs, cleans out the dust*

Thirteen games left, and just one game separates the best two teams in the league - Albany and division-leading Erie. Given that the Aces have a 25-yo 16 POT in Salgado and likely league MVP Dennis, not to mention the best pitching and the fact they've gone 11-6 (5-2 at home) against the Aliens already this season and tonight's three-game series is probably a foregone conclusion.

Not much consolation being the second-best team in a league, nearly twenty games and 200 runs better than the best team in the West, when you will likely spend another season in LLVI. But this league has had a bunch of really strong teams - Pinellas Park were too good for both of us last season, and the fact they're coming back down does not bode well for the future. Erie last went up to LLV for the 2029 season and also came straight back down. Berlin won this league in 2030 and are currently second in V.12, and Allentown who won in 2029 are now in III.3!

In other words, despite punting the last round of series for the past three seasons and allowing for the fact there are these thirteen games to go, we have averaged 92 wins and haven't come close to winning our division until this season. And this time we're likely to be disappointed. There's been a succession of LLV teams coming down and then being promoted back up, which means that the bottom eight teams (four in each division, and I'm including us) have all been down here for years. Given most of those are rotating through bot status, you can see why the good teams bounce back out of here.

This team had an outstanding draft in 2027, the season prior to my taking over, and its been a matter of turning over almost everything else (bar my two stud pitchers Vargas and Segura, I feel sorry for those two guys!) while waiting for the youngsters to come through. Despite spending some of his rookie season and all of 2027 in the majors when he should have been in AA, I was able to save Hasegawa. Cates was my first draft pick and has come through strong. Gaytan was a real find. Kekoa is all-or-nothing at the plate but also steals bases and is a defensive whizz at SS at just 24. Ashikaga has had a good rookie season and at just 22-yo will be a monster for years to come. Plus there's more on the way, like Ragan and Silinas. Pitching has been the issue, but that has come along too (still has a ways to go).

Always next year?

Previous Page | Show All |