League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.24   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh Wow, later on in spring training I have 3 games against Legends league Champs Seattle Rickey! Not that a spring training game can tell you that much since both teams will be playing young players. But it should be fun anyway.
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you Mountain View! Looking forward to a great season!
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Knoxville Blueticks, Your Welcome!

This season should be very interesting. :-)

Play Ball!
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Since we are welcoming Palatine and North Miami Beach back in the league who seemed fairly active in 2041, I'm going to see if this league chat can be revived in 2043.

The Falcons had a solid spring season. There were no big name acquisitions, we just shifted depth around looking for solid OF backups and young pitching prospects. Letting Allard go may have been a brash decision, but every roster needs a little churn and I don't think it will be a huge mistake.

Spring training takeaways: Mireles and Suarez had great performances and will bolster the already strong pitching staff. Kellogg and Mora batted well and got off of the cut list for the time being (Blanco wasn't so lucky and McNulty is treading water).

We are going to start blue chipper Wendell Stewart at SS, he's close just hope his fielding capabilities are up to par.

I think we have a pretty solid league, especially on the East side with NMB, Valdosta, Kissimmee, and Florissant all having "better than average" broken bat rankings when compared to other LL VI teams. Good luck to everyone, we'll see who gets hot this year.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Well it's halfway through 2043, and Florissant was fairly active in the all star game.

Big bopper Aaron Carmona (2 time all-star) popped off a grand salami, and menacing lefty Chris Hopper pitched 3 innings of one run ball in relief, but it wasn't enough to and the West topped the East in the otherwise meaningless grudge match.

It must have been one heck of a swing that Carmona put on that baseball because he's out a day now with knee soreness after the game.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I just want to go on the record by saying I think it's unfair that Erie gets to have "Jim Edmonds" on their roster while Florissant (a suburb of Stl) has to stand by and watch:

http://brokenbat.org/player/154408
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to all teams in VI.24 again. Looks like lucky 'ol VI.24 East inherited another long time owner/tough opponent for 2045. Welcome aboard Brookview. Florissant promises to pace horse you as hard as possible, and maybe this little Seabiscuit gets to advance.

I put a lot of stock in "Rank" vs anything else. You can see the steady improvements since I took over in 2041, but you can also see the gains are leveling off. Our goal this year is to be a <300 team. It's a bit lofty but if we can do that then, statistically, we should be a LL.V caliber team.

Seems like we're in a tough cluster though so no rest for the weary!
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright gang, it looks like we're going to have at least 11 players in this league for 2045. That's the highest I've seen it in my time here (since 2041).

Looks like we have a "house flipper" manager in Repoman taking over the Leesburg Lancers. Hats off to you buddy, they will be quite a project.

Other than that there is everything from brand new players, a few with a couple of seasons under their belt, and some long timers as well.

Hope with all the players we get a little the league chat going a bit this season. I'll try and do a league update around the all star break too.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I said I’d do a roundup, so here goes. I’m going to focus on the East division for this one but might do a league wide update right after interleague play concludes later this year.

Batting:
Brookview is the division OPS leader at a very scary .884, plus they have the lowest strikeouts and they lift the ball well, so they’ll probably continue to terrorize the league offensively. The Florissant Falcons are next in line and lead the division in walks but are grounding into a lot of double plays. West Orange has showcased some very clutch hitting, batting .332 with runners in scoring position. Kissimmee has managed an outstanding 18:3 success rate on steals on the basepaths.

Pitching:
West Orange is the FIP leader, with Brookview being the ERA leader. The Falcons are second in both categories which leads me to believe this is a pretty well stocked set of arms in the division. All 3 teams are doing this with QS percentages below 50%, meaning the bullpens must be faring well. The Falcons boast the best K:BB ratio and WHIP, so hopefully they can continue to tighten up here. West Orange seems to be keeping the ball on the ground a lot which has also led them to be the stingiest when it comes to giving up homers.

Defense:
Falcons have gone from perennial worst to first in fielding. This is a massive accomplishment; all you must do is look at the last couple years to see that the new manager Ortiz’s defense first mindset has been well worth the effort. Shoutout to Repoman and his Monroe Spiders, they are gunning down stealers at a 43.8% rate. Lastly, Kissimmee has turned the most DPs, which Florissant will take some credit for in sending all those ill timed ground balls their way :D

Good luck to everyone as we press on into 2045.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations to the Montebello Samurai who came back from down 3-0 in the championship series to defeat my team and take the league title...

your victory, no excuses from me--just some tears and questions about what i could have done differently (clueless right now).

Previous Page | Show All |