League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.8   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's the updated League's numbers for Extrapolated Runs (XR), Extrapolated Runs Per 27 outs (XR/27), Pitching Runs (PR) and also adding the FIP based WAR for pitchers (fWAR) take note that those were not park adjusted.

Last time I posted this there were 24 games played, now we have 43.

Minimum AB = 95
Minimum IP = 30

League VI.8 XR-XR/27 Rankings
4m9XA4Z.png

League VI.8 fWAR & PR Rankings
Eii0qn3.png

L. Del Toro climbing all the way to #1 for #3 in the last update, he had 20.7 XR produced by G24 he now has 45.4! Crazy productive!

Pitching sees Z. Mills leading the crowd in fWAR with 5.33 fWAR, there's no comparison with G24 but he has a solid lead over #2 on the list.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Power Rankings update with 55 games played.

Yesterday a great matchup between the two current division leaders, Pandas of the West took the better of the Devils in the East, game was played in the Devils lair and it ended with a 2-3 series win for the Pandas who showed just how strong their team is..if there were doubts!

Power Rankings with 55 Games Played:
fx5i85.png
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Been a while since I last updated our league (unofficial) Power Rankings. So here they are!

Power Rankings with 85 Games Played:

sjDL1pr.png

Devils maintain the lead in the East after they got an important series win against the West leaders, the Pandas.
The Pandas now hold a 14 game advantage in the West, so they are on their way to postseason play and up a league.

Meanwhile on the East the Devils have a 7 game lead over the Polar Bears, and while the advantage is solid it's still gonna be a fight between the two pretty much to the end, unfortunately the Warriors went Bot. :/
But they are still a strong team that will cause some troubles to any team that plays them.

zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hope you won't stop posting those :)

Devils are too strong at the moment to compete with tho...
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Once again another update of the unofficial Power Rankings for League VI.8!

Power Ranking with 120/121 Games Played:
qauxWAa.png

Yep, that's right, the Pandas have taken over the #1 spot from the Devils. They have been crushing their division and that shows in the PR, they a 20 game lead with 39/40 games to go, basically it's a clinch for them in the West.

On the East, the Devils who now rank #2 in PR have a solid 12 games lead over the Bears, and with the amount of games left to be played it wont be an easy task for the Bears to catch up to them...unless the Devils choke in the final stretch of games, let's hope not! ;)

Good luck to all the rest of the way.
zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations to the Devils on winning the division!
:)
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations to the Devils on winning the division!

Thanks! Was an interesting season for the Devils with the passing of ownership and all the first position is much more a compliment of the work done by the previous owner, I just gave it my own touch. ;)

Next season I anticipate struggles in the V division, the Devils has an aged roster, so most of it's key players will be taking a step back, but doesn't matter, we will continue to work towards bringing talent up to improve the team and to get some young talented blood in the Draft next season.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Here we have it folks, the seasonal results for Extrapolated Runs (XR), Extrapolated Runs Per 27 outs (XR/27), Pitching Runs (PR) and also adding the FIP based WAR for pitchers (fWAR). Neither is park adjusted.

Minimum AB = 322
Minimum IP = 108

League VI.8 XR & XR/27 Rankings (ranked by XR/27)
UwGj0ip.png

League VI.8 fWAR & PR Rankings (ranked by fWAR)
uVfaF5Q.png

Here's the TOP10 league runs producers in XR!
WqjFFff.png

Here's the TOP10 league runs preventers in PR!
kfnaxpT.png

Congrats to everyone in the league, enjoy the stats. :)
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 My poor analysis isn’t nearly as detailed as ChillFunkEz3000’s, but it’s become one of my traditions nonetheless.

Just a reminder, this is strictly a by-the-numbers set of predictions, with no concessions made for such matters as which players are actually in the lineup, current rebuild or owner status, or anything else of the sort. Here’s the salt shaker if you need a grain or two.

————————————————————

V I . 8   W E S T

MUSKEGON

The Heights rank highly across the board in all offensive categories in the West, including the best plate discipline and power in VI.8. Their fielding is nothing to write home about, but they’ve got the range to get to almost anything and arms to make taking extra bags a risky proposition. Their only real weakness besides defense is lackluster movement from the otherwise solid pitching staff.

Prediction: 3rd — The good offense won’t quite make up for defensive lapses or minor pitching shortcomings.

BURNSVILLE

The Dragons are, offensively speaking, a team after my own heart: Make contact and put the legs to work. Not much patience or pop, but they will be able to run on anyone; be on guard when they get on. Their fielding could be suspect at times, but if there’s a ball in play, they’ll get to it, and they have arms that should give runners pause. Their pitcher may lack in staying power, but they have more than enough weapons to cool off hot hitters.

Prediction: 2nd — Solid offense and pitching, but their defense may come back to bite them.

ROSWELL

The Aliens are a solid team with the bat across the board, and have better bat control than anyone in VI.8 this season. The team has the division’s best fielding but among the poorest range and arms, and may be vulnerable to speedy offensive teams. Reaching base against them could be a challenge, however: Roswell has blistering velocity and pinpoint accuracy with it, plus stamina and a serviceable array of secondary pitches to back the heat up.

Prediction: 1st — Solid defense and good pitching could make up for cold days at the plate.

COLTON

The Cowboys could be in trouble offensively, with unimpressive contact and the least power in the league. Their speed is impressive enough, but they’ll need to get on base first. Their sketchy fielding could make it interesting to see what happens when their rangy fielders get to the ball. The pitching staff is good at changing speeds, but have little heat, movement, or control to go with it.

Prediction: 6th — Poor offense, poor defense, poor pitching… ’nuff said.

HARLINGEN

The Aardvarks aren’t a patient team at the plate, but are a reasonably solid offensive team otherwise. Their defenders could be prone to kicking the ball around, but they’ll cover the field nicely and are the one team in the West you may want to tone down the running game against. There’s not really much to be said about their pitching beyond mentioning that there are no noteworthy strengths or glaring weaknesses.

Prediction: 4th — If their offense or pitching overachieves at all, they could raise a few eyebrows.

PALM SPRINGS

The Aces are VI.8’s slowest team and the West’s freest swingers, but may wind up taking advantage of poor fielding teams just by how much contact they’ll make; they’re the West’s best contact team. Their range on the field will work against them, and their own sketchy fielding certainly won’t do them any favors. Don’t expect much heat or change of speed on the mound from them, but beware the league’s best bendy balls and excellent control to paint corners.

Prediction: 5th — Their exceptional contact and nasty curves and control should edge them out of the cellar.

V I . 8   E A S T

DEERFIELD BEACH

The Rats aren’t powerful or patient at the plate, but they make more contact than anyone in VI.8. Their range in the field is reasonable enough, but their league-best fielding and excellent arms will probably cool off opposing bats and stifle the running game. Predominantly junkballers, the pitching staff has VI.8’s most wicked change of speed and control complemented by an acceptable array of bendy pitches to offset lackluster velocity and the league’s worst stamina.

Prediction: 1st — They could probably win the pennant in the West, and will have no trouble at all in a very soft East.

EAST ORANGE

The Nationals are a bot-owned team, one of four in the East, and they’re probably not in for a good season. The only thing their offense has going for them is speed, which will be pointless if their poor hitting and league-worse discipline can’t get them on base. Their defense is among the league’s worst from one end to the other, and describing their pitching as “shaky” might be overstating its quality.

Prediction: 5th — A full rebuild is the only thing that can help this team.

WALTHAM

The Warriors, another bot-owned team, have an odd mix of poor contact and good patience and power, which could result in a lot of “three outcome” at bats. Mind their baserunners closely, they have one of the faster teams in the East. Despite their somewhat sub-par fielding, the have the best range in the division and the best arms in the league — run at your own peril. The pitching lacks movement but is serviceable enough outside of that, with the best stamina in VI.8.

Prediction: 2nd — Their strange offense, rangy defense, and almost decent pitching could serve them fairly well.

COLLEGE PARK

The Titans, one of two such named teams in the East and yet another bot-owned team, have the division’s best bat control, but that’s the only positive of their offense. Their fielding is poor, their range reasonable, and their arms good, which is likely to prove a volatile combination. There’s decent stamina and a fair change of speed to be seen on the mound from them, but the rest of the pitching qualities are unimpressive at best.

Prediction: 3rd — That this team is getting picked to finish this well says a lot for the quality of the division.

ALTOONA

The Blue Jays, the fourth bot-owned team in VI.8 East, are generally a below average offensive team across the board, and only their strong arms prevent the same from being said of the defense as well. The velocity and change of speed from their pitching staff are among the better in the East — faint praise in a decidedly pitching-poor division — but won’t be nearly enough to overcome the staff’s other shortcomings.

Prediction: 4th — Only the marginal pitching and teams in even worse shape will save them from the cellar.

HUNTSVILLE

The Titans, the other team sporting the name, are in an obvious rebuild under a new owner. Their offense is the worst in the league, hands down, with the sole exception of speed on the basepaths — the East’s best, in fact. Their defense will undoubtedly prove to be an adventure, the league’s worst fielding paired with exceptional range and very good arms. The pitching staff has a bit of heat but little else, and very poor control besides — armor your hitters before sending them to the plate!

Prediction: 6th — The new owner is going to have his hands full trying to claw his way out of last place.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A returning player again to the sixth division...

I made a lot of cuts, only signed older guys last season, and now I'm going to implement the non written "Only Produced Players from the Academy" rule to the team. In my previous one I raised till IV, but RL caught me and I have to retire and left the team. I took the No. 1 team and will see if I can make them return to the Legends Leage.

Previous Page | Show All |