League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> League V.1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I checked out Morrow and he could be a decent player if he was still getting 45+ outfield assists every year. However, I think they fixed outfield assists and reduced the number of them so his 9 hitting makes him a big question mark. Also Barron has 10 hitting and PD at 26 so again it's hard to start him when you can get an older 32-25 16 hitting, 16 plate discipline guy as a free agent fairly easily.

Myself, I've been really lucky with my young guys as Lane and Wall are good this year and still improving a little so they might make the roster. Giordano is an amazing 22 year old pitcher who should win rookie of the year IMO. Gonzalez has potential except for his defense but his speed is great. Mantle is in the same situation. Rosales is my only middle infielder with good defense. Luckily he's a gold gloving SS which really helps my pitching. Also no sophomore slump for Stark as he's unreal good after his rookie of the year last year. Harvey who did have a sophomore slump is not slumping this year. He is having, probably, the best season in my teams history.

Overall, most of my team performed really well other than Lugo. I just swept the Spartans and now have a 12 game lead with 19 games to go. I'm going to try and get some of my younger players more experience as I think I've got the division.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah, morrow was always more of a means to an end while i wait to bring up some of the batters in my minors, but im going to have to choose between average hitting and elite field or great hitting and bad fielding it seems as thats kind of the way my players seem to be progressing. im only 5 1/2 games out, called up a couple young pitchers, my future ace of staff Zanetti has looked real sharp, and Strout who could push zanetti for #1 had two real good outings then got beat up a little in his last outing, but still has performed well.
I also brough up my future 2B in Mariani, i drafted Mariani my first season and have been waiting for him to come up ever since, hes looking like he will be a beast though. i still have a small chance at the division, i dunno if we will make it though, im more focused on getting my young guys some expierence, hopefully go into next season with some new faces and a better outlook.
im trying to build through my minors mainly, not too big on bringing in 29-32 y/o players for one or two years, id rather develop a nice core and ride them to the top, proving to take awhile though. i still am not a big fan of the training here but oh well.
BeeanTVbean81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team lost to the former worst team in the division,the Hampton Eagles.This has been a great season for you FMcgriff1b.

Updated Sunday, May 4 2014 @ 6:13:59 pm PDT
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
congrats to you on the title fred, good luck in the higher division, hopefully ill see ya next season
BeeanTVbean81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team has lost 6 straight and they're at risk of losing 1st place to Cherry Hill.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A four game split with last place Edmond. Sometimes this game gives me a headache. I'm winning series against the teams ahead of me, and stumbling against the last place team.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Finally getting promoted after 4 seasons here in V.1. Only regret is that there were no other regular forum posters in the league to banter with during my time here. Hopefully IV.1 will have a few more talkative people.
wiznoo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely crazy how a whole team's form can turn 180 degrees. Couldn't pitch or hit for a few days at all, now suddenly it all clicks.
wiznoo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Funny how firing the manager suddenly reminds the pitchers how to pitch. Crazy!
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello LL V :( Franchise's first ever season in V.1, first in LL V since 2027 season.

Previous Page | Show All |