Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Farm system rankings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was thinking, kind of like we have team rankings, could we have a farm system ranking? It would be interesting to see how your farm rates along side everyone else's. I don't know how feasible this is, but there are numerous data that could be used to make these rankings, including average prospect rating, number of players in the system, count of 15 POT players, 14 POT, 13, etc.

Anyway, what do y'all think?
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well POT is pretty much a useless number for comparison; I like the idea in general, but I don't see how it would be possible to put together anything meaningful. You could easily have a lot of high POT players in your minors and still have one of the worst farm systems.
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you could really just calculate it based off of the prospect rankings. I would suggest something like; total rating / 20 using the assumption that an average team would have 30 major league players and 20 minor leaguers (so pretty much an average rating). Then teams with more than 20 players will get a bit of a bonus for having a deeper minor league system and teams with less than 20 minor leaguers would have there minor league rating lower because there system isn't as deep.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Why divide by 20? Just taking the average would probably make more sense. But either way this would be a VERY irrelevant number.

Previous Page | Show All |