Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> New pitcher settings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be nice if we could use the inversion of settings to specify outside ranges, instead of this just being invalid.

For instance

+6 to -6 could be used to mean I only want this guy to come in during blow out situations where I am either winning or losing by 6 runs.

So basically the range from +6 through infinity back through negative infinity up until -6 :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...let me think on this a bit.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My suggestion is probably not a very good idea from a user interface perspective. Really its more the capability I'd like to see. However its added to the interface.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like this as well if it's not too hard to implement. I don't like the idea of a LR who can come in during a close game potentially just because his range is set includes everything between the range set
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I like to put my rookies at LR to get innings in blowout games. But it would be nice to have the option for a more experienced LR2 who can cover close games, and having my rookie at LR set to cover only blowouts.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, but if it requires very much work or will cause too much confusion, I think there's a fairly easy way to work around it. Flip your LR and LR2 around. For your more reliable LR, put the limit in you want, like -6 to +6. For your rookie LR2 make it -infinity to +infinity. That's exactly what I do for my set-up guys and it works like a charm. The only problem will be in situations where it calls for a long reliever and your first guy is unavailable. In that instance it will call on your rookie LR2 instead of going to your middle relievers (I think that's the progression). To help that out, you can set their hook to whatever you're comfortable with.

Updated Tuesday, February 16 2016 @ 6:38:51 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's the situation I was trying to avoid. But it is a decent work around for now.

Previous Page | Show All |