Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Last 5 Games Stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is probably under the forum in a different wording but I couldn't find it so here it goes.

Would it be possible to have a players last 5 starts on their player cards? or at a certain page

I understand that we have the latest statistics which are very helpful. But i was thinking we have a location where say a starting pitcher's last 5 starts are displayed, stating the opponent, game result, his stats from that game alone. It would give a better idea of how your starter is trending in my opinion as you would recognize that he did well against a weaker team in his past game but struggled against a better team for example. The same goes for hitters.

Thoughts?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I asked for being able to see the whole year's history of starts in a previous post, but I believe Steve said it would be difficult because of how the data is stored.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Are you aware of the 'latest' tab in the team statistics page? It might not be exactly what you're after, but is along the same lines

Edit: Didn't read the first post correctly, ignore!

Updated Tuesday, February 23 2016 @ 12:59:41 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To be fair the "Latest" tab for pitchers is their last 3 appearances. The real gain here under the suggestion is a game log of those games, but that is exactly the thing that the last time it was brought up was said to take up too much space. I don't see any real advantage to have both the last three and last five games' stats available. If the game log ever becomes viable, I'd be in favor of it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the game logs is what I was referring too. The game logs exist from the schedule, but tying them to individual players (the games they pitched in) doesn't seem to be doable from a DB perspective.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I created a spread sheet with individual player tabs where I paste box score and pitchers stats for each came
Takes a little time but will give you that game log we are looking for
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This continues to be something I'm looking at, but again the concerns are about DB space and additional processing required.

But with time, these things become more abundant, so eventually we may be able to support it. The new solid state server is much more reliable than the old one...much fewer lock-ups that resulted in game processing delays. So things do improve...

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh wow... you're using solid-state drives in a server? Isn't that kinda risky? I mean, sure they're MUCH faster so you're going to get a lot better performance out of any sort of data access... but they also wear out a lot quicker than something like a SCSI drive when being continually used.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd assume the sever is Raided or using a similar system redundancy. Nobody relies on any type of drive never failing.

Previous Page | Show All |