Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Personal Catchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1. Even if we had a catcher rotation option. Anything to allow for that.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I understand that in real baseball, some pitchers have a better working relationship with some catchers.

But in a game like this, what would be the point of a personal catcher?

Steve
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My thought would be to have a tool that says "rest this player every ___ games." That way, we can avoid fatigue taking the players out if the lineup.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except fatigue is a random injury like all the rest in the game, so it wouldn't actually be able to avoid fatigue "injuries".
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

I would think it would be used more on a prospect who ur trying to build up, u know like split time with another catcher.

Updated Monday, March 7 2016 @ 1:47:52 pm PST
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe over the long term something can be implemented where the the catchers influence pitchers in the same way managers influence a team. ie some catchers are better with breaking ball pitchers, others with fastball, maybe even something for prospects, etc. They don't need to be visible attributes necessarily but they could appear in the scouting reports or something. This is a bit of a stretch idea but it's a thought
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think if we had an actual fatigue system for position players, we wouldn't need this. We could just set a backup and that backup would play once the starter reaches a certain threshold in his fatigue.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It sounds like this is more a mechanism to rest all position players periodically, than a real desire to have personal catchers, no?

Steve
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
IDK where this is really heading Steve in this forum but I like both personal catchers and periodically resting a player
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It could just be more simple to tweak the lineup between games whenever possible than to take up server space or time if it would take much. The personal catcher is more of an anomaly in MLB outside of the 90's Braves and Lester-Ross which will end with Ross's retirement.

Previous Page | Show All |