Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Arm Comments on Scouting Reports   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Could we have some comments added about a player's arm? It would help us determine whether we are drafting someone more suited to 3B or 1B and is actually in line with something you WOULD find on a scouting report. Something like:

He has a cannon arm (15-20)
He has a terrible arm (0-10)

This would at least give us an idea of what we are drafting defensively when paired with the fielding and speed comments.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i like the suggestion but dont u think that
drafted players are always on wrong position in the beginning and u have to start training them anyways...

Or are you saying you dont draft a player that suits 3rd base if you have good prospects on that position already?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Or in my case, I want a 3B, so it would be valuable who had a good arm. Once your team is pretty well developed, looking for players for certain positions becomes more important than just grabbing the best guy.

As a manager, I would welcome more information about rookies, but as a gamer I understand why Steve choose to keep some skills hidden. I'd say Arm makes the most sense to reveal if Steve chooses to reveal an additional rating to us at some point.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Rock said, because I do have positional needs and other positions that I really don't need a 5th guy at. Given two roughly equal prospects, I would take the guy at the position I could actually use every time, unfortunately right now I can't tell whether a guy is better suited for 1B or 3B. I also understand why Steve wants to leave uncertainty, and agree with that principle, but without knowing the arm it is impossible to actually even guess at certain positions like catcher or 3B, because no info exists prior to the drafting of the player.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If players started at positions they were suited for, or at least had some minimum defensive stats for the position they started with, then I would say we wouldn't need Arm. But given a players position actually provides you with no information, I agree that it would kind of make sense to see Arm. That way we would know what position we were drafting at least.

Although personally my preference would instead be the minimum rating thing (e.g. SS will always have at least 13 for all defensive categories, 3B will have at least 13 Arm). Even if sometimes they ended up being a bust (13), if they were actually a passable fit for the position 80% of the time then position could be used to provide scouting information.

Previous Page | Show All |