Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Draft pool chages. More international   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to propose we expand the international pool. I know in the MLB there isn't a slew of players from Europe and asia, not counting the countries people think of when the thing of asia. But we are an online community. We have the ability to have players from anywhere.

I'd like to propose we take 500 prospects from the high school and 500 from the college pools and add 1000 to the international. I think it will add some fun diversity to the game. It will definitely, in time, make the world classic more fun.

I'm not set in stone on numbers. Just tossing a number out for the sake of it. And I am aware this couldn't go into effect this season.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like this idea but I currently never choose from the international pool anyhow due to the relatively high chance of getting a 23+ player mired in rookie ball and highly unlikely to reach his cap. If that changed, though, I'd love to see more diversity.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm all for more international players but 1000 is way too much.

This season we have an unusually small international pool for some reason (only 120 players or so), it used to be around 300 which is just the right number in my opinion.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be for adding a couple hundred to the pool, although I don't generally pull from there anyway unless it's a later round.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I try to rebalance the pools to what I think we need each year. Plus there is also a small random factor. I think it makes it more interesting have a few more countries, but the European/International players are already way over represented. I’m not sure adding 500 additional international players each season is really reasonable.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It wouldn't be realistic, true, but it would make the earlier rounds of the World Classic far more competitive and interesting. I don't feel strongly about this, but it could help to make a lot of the countries that currently are barely putting rosters together a bit more on par with some of the current mid-tier countries.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that international pool size is large enough, it should not be over-represented.

The only think i would change is the age range, choose a 14 pot great hitter and know that he'll never make tha cap because you drafted him at 22-23 is really frustrating.

Last year i passed over a better player because he was 23 ( i took an 18 years old).

So, i propose an age range like latin (16-21) or players more advanced in the pool (if i draft an 18-19 years old he start in rookie league, if i draft a 22-23 years old, he should be more like a college player).

Previous Page | Show All |