bilbo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What am I supposed to have done?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Was referring to Bilbo Shaggins, who dismantled the Padres before rage quitting.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But if I want to dismantle my team, I can, there's not rule against it. I stopped because there are guys there that I want to finish their career in my team. Yes, some of those players I sent away were good, but not for me.

When could be a limit, if there is a bid for waivers instead of the lottery that is the system now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Valdes and Galarraga are unquestionably good players for any team. Not even in their prime yet. Kingman is the perfect youth for rebuilding with. You dropped many other players who are perfect for rebuilding teams. In their place you picked up POT 7s and 8s, who have no chance of ever being useful.

Like I said this is basically the pattern of someone who is trying to hurt the game when they rage quit. If you decided you wanted to give yourself a challenge by destroying your team and starting over from scratch, then more power to you. But that's definitely not what it looked like. And more often it would be a rage quit. Even if someone wants to do what you did, would it really have made a difference if you had to do that process over a few days instead of all at once?
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know some of them are indeed not only good, but any player that other team can wish for. I picked those pot 7 to 10 just to have the low number of players in the roster.

My plan was to drop ALL players from my roster and just keep those minors pot 14 that are developing as the way I want. Start from scratch "again". Is not rage quit, and definitly I'm not hurting the game, just the contrary, I'm helping some other players to get the players I had developed :P, What really I'm doing is that I'm just hurting my team, and I'm enjoying the game as it is. Didn't you read my last press release?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the fact that you are still logging in, and not only that but still sharing your viewpoint in the forum is proof you didn't rage quit. I think Rock and many others (myself included) just hadn't ever really thought of playing the game as a role playing game or as a sort of narrative, so it came across as someone who was just bitter and rage quitting. If you want to play the game as a narrative and throw a bunch of prime players on waivers, who are we to complain? :)

Updated Friday, May 20 2016 @ 3:46:28 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like I said, if you did it to give your self a challenge, more power to you. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just pointing out that 9 times out of 10, someone showing that pattern is destroying a team on the way out the door. That is why I suggest the release limit. If someone wants to role play and decimate a team with the intent of building it back up, that's fine. But would it really hurt that much if you had to do it over the course of a few days rather then all in one day? It just gives Steve a chance to investigate and try to find out what is really happening.

EDIT: And no, I don't read teams' press releases.

Updated Friday, May 20 2016 @ 4:02:26 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Also, maybe we need to include a message or something when people sign up regarding proper etiquette? Its possible some people just don't realize that's the wrong way to quit the game...?

Just resurrecting this idea. If you believe Buck, he didn't realize that he was doing anything wrong in destroying his old team after creating a second account with a new team.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Who's Buck?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you look in the "Again..." thread in discussions. He created a new account to get a new team, and then dumped all of his old team onto the waivers.

He thought it was the "right" thing to do. Because it would give his old players the chance to play on other teams and not just disappear with the team he was abandoning.

Updated Saturday, July 2 2016 @ 7:14:58 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |