Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Annual talk of implementing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jackiscind

Fort Wayne Bears
VI.13

Broken Bat Baseball
I really believe this can work... Obviously way down the road. Adding trades would not only make this game more realistic, but also create a more exciting atmosphere. I do understand the negatives that come along with trading, so I proposed these ideas to help out and cut it down.

I think every year your team is allowed one trade that is complete. This cuts down people from drastically swapping players and creating chaos. Next, you would not be allowed to trade away and for a top 5 best SI overall player and your top three prospect in the minor leagues. This should lower the amount of dirty trades through multiple accounts. Also people looking to get the best player by making multiple accounts will not be able to do so. Lastly, you would not be able trade with a team that you traded with in the the previous year.

I realize this is a long shot and this is no where close to being implemented, but I truly think trading is a big part of Major League baseball today. Especially around All-Star break when teams are looking for that player that can ultimately prevail there team to the playoffs.

*Edit Title meant to say Annual talk of Implementing Trades

Updated Thursday, May 19 2016 @ 8:34:47 pm PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One complete trade a year, seems fine, but has a flaw. If I'm offered a trade and accept it, I can't accept another offer, even from a team that didn't make a trade yet? I also think I should be able to offer trade once a year, even if I already accepted one.

"Next, you would not be allowed to trade away and for a top 5 best SI overall player and your top three prospect in the minor leagues."
That I do not agree with. I would happily trade my 32yo 122SI outfielder for a 26yo 3B or SS. And how would you rate top three prospects? Surely not on prospect ranking, which is purely for fun?

There has been so many discussions regarding this topic, all had some very good ideas, all had feedback that most managers would like to be able to do trades, but all came down to one thing - this could work, but would require a lot of time from Steve or anyone else that would be in charge of checking trades, let alone time spent on implementation. And even then, we could not be 100% sure that all is fair play.

Updated Friday, May 20 2016 @ 12:33:58 am PDT
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Please stop.

Previous Page | Show All |