Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> World League   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would gladly take over the caribbean. But perhaps regional tournaments could help develop talent within the region.

As for the players, it could be filled with undrafted players from the prior year within the regions.

However, for that to happen, there may need to be more players in the international and Asian pools. Maybe balance it by taking some from Latin America and High School?
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm....

I've been pondering this for a day now. I'll offer my thoughts about what I have seen so far and my thoughts.

I think it would be an excellent idea to have a separate league for country/region teams. And I also like the idea of no waiver claims and only free agent acquirees. However, I do not believe that teams in a hypothetical "World League" should be able to draft from the normal draft pool. That would be completely unfair to the average owner who likes to draft from these pools. Could you imagine the if someone pulled a 16 POT pitcher from Random Country X? That would go against the ultimate purpose of these teams which is to develop players for the World Classic that would otherwise be rotting away in free agency. What should happen instead is something similar to what Rock said about 8 POT players. (I don't know where you got 8 Rock, but that is not really important right now.) Here's my proposition:

Players could claim anyone in free agency from their country(s), but what if, for some reason, there was not enough players in free agency or there was no one else worth picking up? (Like a 9 POT 28 year old with 21 SI -- there's no point in even bothering.) I propose that owners of these teams should be given a separate menu option on the left side of the screen saying: "Add Pitcher" or "Add Position Player". Pressing this button would simply generate a scrub player (We can debate about those players' potential later.) for that team to use as a filler while waiting for passable players in the free agent pool.

If coding these options would be hard for Steve, then I would suggest just making these players exactly the same, just with different player IDs. For a position player, name them all "Temp Fielder" and give them 7s or 8s or whatever for all of their ratings and half training at all fielding positions besides pitcher. (This way, he could play whatever position was needed of him.) For pitchers, name them "Temp Pitcher" and do the same as the hitter except for the position thing. I would also propose that these players do not age or develop at all. All this would ensure is that a team could always have enough players to play and that the players they pick up from these buttons are not good enough to play in the world classic. (And if they are, Lord help that country in the World Classic.) These players could even be disqualified for selection to national teams if that becomes a problem.

Phew! One last thought. In order to not completely dry up free agents for international countries, I think that regional teams are a good idea. This would minimize the number of free agents being swept up by the developmental teams.

Updated Tuesday, July 5 2016 @ 11:23:44 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That was what I had recommended. Allow them to "draft" a POT 8 player from their country in lieu of the normal draft which they would be excluded from. That would prevent them from ever running out of players from their country without flooding the market with extra international players.

Updated Wednesday, July 6 2016 @ 2:42:27 pm PDT
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What if they were allowed to pick from all the undrafted players at seasons end before Steve deletes them in the rollover?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well the intent is really to develop talent from that country/region. So I'm not sure how many options would exist from a given country. But if you mean they are presented with just those players, that would make sense. This might be a lot of extra coding for Steve though...
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This sounds like a whole lot of coding anyway, but I actually really like this idea in theory.
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No need to make them there already there for most countries. I mean guam has 8 FA players right now. Maybe just a few special players bbut for the most part steve alrady made them they just were not good prospects so they were not developed. Regional would make more sence though as there ate so many countries in play now. In the end i agree with a previous statment. Dispite being interesting it would overall be a wast of Steves time.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's my thought on this: This is not a gigantic problem right now. As of right now, there are only three teams doing this. If it jumps to like 7 or 10, then it may become more of an issue, but really what is the harm of having three more subpar VI teams for the enjoyment of the game for all? While it would be cool, I think it would just be a waste of time right now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well for one, those teams could eventually rise to higher levels. Additionally, I wouldn't be to happy if I was in VI playing against a bunch of pseudo teams. As long as these guys are spread out in different leagues it helps mitigate the issue, but we also have to just trust that they aren't going to pick up some POT 13 guy off waivers just because he is from their country.

Overall I'd like to see them out of the league. And maybe if there really are enough FAs to cover any team needs, we wouldn't need to worry about some wonky draft substitute.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 would enjoy this idea / participating

Previous Page | Show All |