Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> League Projection   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the spirit of media days going on around the country there is a lot of talk about who is projected to win their respective conferences

I think it would be cool if there was some sort of league winner projection based off roster talent.

certainly teams will under/over perform, but it could be a gauge used to determine how to effectively manage roster/manager moves during and in the off-season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This actually kind of happens right now. I believe the current ordering of teams on the standings page is by team rank, so it is kind of the expected ordering of teams.

Maybe you are looking for a more official kind of ranking view? I suppose some sort of power ranking could probably be generated based on the relative rankings of teams?
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock Yeah, something like a power ranking. For the past few seasons I've been in full rebuilding mode and my team is ranked in the mid 600s I'm pretty sure my team is better than that though at this point, and I'm hoping to contend for a division championship this season. It would be neat to see some sort of progress maybe based on current roster talent or SI?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of difficult to project when roster moves are made by people daily. Also the relative weighting would be subjective. Really several owners do this for their leagues informally already, and some of them end up being quite accurate (though MLB power rankings can be just as inaccurate as the worst BB predictions thus all the movement in them). Don't worry, if your team got better as you say they have, then you'll win some games and it will be reflected in the rankings which are purely reactionary (to wins and losses) in the game.

Previous Page | Show All |