Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Scrimmages   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
The idea with friendlies is that they are 100% meaningless towards the league or the cup. Just some fun on off days. This can only work if the games don't count at all no injuries no training nothing "JUST A SIM" against any team we want on those MONDAYS-N- FRIDAYS. Thats up to steve if he wants us testing the AI unrestricted like that. I would be testing all kinds of manager settings and Lineups, Rotations, Deffence, or anything else i could test to see how and what works best for my team.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I love this idea. I am 100% for it! I wouldn't care on the development/injuries/etc. either. However, if I had it my way, development and injuries would be on because the teams that play in the cup are receiving training bonuses. Why wouldn't we give those same bonuses to the eliminated teams which are presumably worse than the remaining teams in the cup?

Really though, I wouldn't mind if we went the other way of no development, etc. because it is such a great idea. It would be cool to challenge, say, a legends team to see how you stack up, or an old rival from years past.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Because teams that have progressed in the cup deserve the extra training/experience.

Why should anyone who doesn't want to play a meaningless friendly be penalised by giving training/experience to those who do. They will already gain an advantage by being able to test different tactics and players.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if I would call that an "advantage." Any benefit that players would get testing different "tactics or players" seems beyond miniscule.

My point is though, it is a vicious circle. If the better teams continue to receive more training for their prospects than an average team, then the best will remain the best.

Again, I really wouldn't mind either way, this is just my personal opinion.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I definitely think training, injuries, fatigue ect. Should be included. If you don't want to take that risk just don't schedule a game(s). Personally I would play my young bench players that need those extra at bats, while I would sit my stars.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I am game either way. I would love to be able to schedule a few games against my son in law for bragging rights :)
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It has nothing to do with not wanting the risk. I don't want to play meaningless games and don't see why I should be penalised for it.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A scrimmage should just be that - a friendly against another team whether for the sake of rivalry or to try out new tactics/lineups. I don't see why there should be any benefit other than that particularly as regards training, because if there is a boost to training teams will schedule as many scrimmages as they can, and bot teams particularly will be at a disadvantage.

If it is done it should be for fun, and nothing else, with no consequence as regards a roster, training or anything else.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, being able to get free training just by scheduling scrimmages is kind of silly.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 for this idea I would rather have training tho.

Previous Page | Show All |