Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hypothetical player trading guidlines   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Trading deadline is September 1st
2. Trades are in League only. Example Legends can only trade w/ Legends. II-1 can only trade with II-1. And so on.
3. Player(s) being traded must be within 20 SI of player(s) being traded for. Example a vet with 100 can be traded for one or more players as long as the player or players SI adds up to between 80-120 SI.
4. You must have roster room to acquire players and you must not go below roster minimum when trading players.

I think #2 will help reduce cheating if a owner illegally owns multiple teams and will help reduce collusion between two players.
#3, I think, will keep trades fair.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Trading is proposed on a regular basis and just as regularly turned down for a myriad of good reason.

When I first started playing I wanted to be able to trade. As I have played the game for more and more seasons I've come to realize that the waiver wire actually serves the same sort of function as trading. If I need a guy, I let one go and find the new guy I need on waivers. Sure you aren't trading top talent, but that only serves to keep the rich rich anyhow.

I think the waiver system does a better job or talent distribution and trickle down without any real risk of cheating. Every once in a while some fool will try dumping a team to get an extra player, but the waivers create a natural defense against such actions and I doubt they are ever successful.

Trading also leads to talent hording and can stick up the fluidity of player movement. People end up keeping trade bait on their team that they have no use for other than to trade for something in the future. Also lazier evaluation. When you can't use trades as a crutch you have to think more tactically about your acquisitions. "Sure that POT 13 OF has nice upside, but I already have a ton of OFs, so I am better off picking up that POT 12 Catcher."

With the ability to train players in new positions it just seems like there are less and less good reasons to have actual trading.

Updated Wednesday, September 14 2016 @ 7:25:05 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Every once in a while some fool will try dumping a team to get an extra player, but the waivers create a natural defense against such actions and I doubt they are ever successful.

Some users have been removed for this practice too...

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |