Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Free Agent Search QoL Improvement   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Quality of Life improvement for me would be a Greater than or less than being added to most skill areas.

For example, i might be looking for a veteran slugger to hit DH, so i might want to search for a guy with less SI tied up into speed and fielding attributes. I might want to search as follows

Hitting > 14
Power > 14
Speed < 14
Fielding < 10

And i might do future searches for players with less than 10 arm or range. Similarly, i might be looking for minor league pitchers who have less than a set amount of stamina in the 11-12 potential bracket that could fit nicely in the pen despite not having tremendous upside. Instead of having to sort by stamina when i might want to sort by control on the table of waivers/fa page, i can now set my minimum/maximum requirements on skills and sort fewer players.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Having lower speed or fielding has no affect on hitting skills. And it's not like the SI is a pie and it gets divided up into various skills, so having more of one means less of the other.

Steve
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
how about at least a max on the individual stats for the FA search? I mean, we have min already. helps to narrow down any specific weaknesses I want to fill up.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What am I missing?

If you want to search a DH with 14+ hitting and 14+ power, why would you want to narrow it to only guys with less than 10 fielding?? It's not like thousands of awesome DH's are going to come up and fielding ability added to hitting and power certainly will not hurt the player.

Also why would you ever put a max on a skill during a search? You don't want players to be too dominant? (not poking fun..just assuming I'm not understanding the thread).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A better example would be looking for a 1B and you want to find a guy with low Range and low Arm.

Range and Arm are set from the start. If you are looking at POT 12 guys who have a lot of Arm and Range, then there isn't much SI left to go towards their batting skills. If you are looking for a DH, you really don't need that Range and Arm.

This is specifically most useful when looking for minor leaguers who aren't developed yet. The guy may only have 5 Hitting, but has a report of "Very good hitter". You can tell how good he will be for hitting or power, but not BC or PD. So you want to search for a guy with low defensive ratings since the SI will go into the hitting ratings.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, this is more for searching for useful prospects with under 13 potential than for developed players.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
which is what most of FA really is at this point.

It's probably 6-10 guys middle of their career capable that either have an issue or go for 75+ claims, 35-40 veterans with 1 or 2 years and a lot of salary, or guys at 24-26 who are behind the pace or near their cap.

My example was poor and perhaps misunderstood in a way. the 1B example that another user posted would be more of what i'd be looking for.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll look into this.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |