Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Making new manager search easier?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The list of managers appears to be expanding more than is necessary for the amount of active users in the game. Having conducted a search last night, it appears that there are quite a few that have so many negatives that they'd be unlikely to find a home on any team ever.

In other words, any suggestion that removes a good chunk of awful coaches so that it's not 3-4 hour rummage for a new owner would be good news here in my opinion. 3+ seasons of not being hired, or make it possible to search by comments (which would be terrible for players, but not awful for coaches i feel), or have the engine cut the bottom feeders so that the list isn't as long, or searching coaches is possible by year of entry into the game. Something along those lines.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It also would make sense to stop creating below average managers altogether. No one is ever going to employ them. It's not like players where you draft and don't know what you're getting. No manager should even be created with less than a 38 or so total rating.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe another way to do it would be to make new managers all 36 years old? You would know for sure you're looking at the new crop of managers without having to code a search option.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There are plenty of people who do employ below average managers, and who don't know how to code a search for the new ones. It isn't that difficult, but there are countless teams out there where you look at the manager and think, "Why??" Too old, or too costly, or too poor - or all of those.
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you code a search for one of the new managers?
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Garnet

Python is your friend for that.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Go here.

That is the last of the managers available (ID# 2680). If you change the last two digits in his link to the one below (ie. 2679) you'll find the guy before him. Keep doing that and you can go all the way down until you find one you like - some will be taken, but there are plenty that are not.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect this might have been intentional. A lot of people complained when Steven improved the Player search features so that the waivers became more tactical and less of an endurance game. So I think he might have put the managers in to reintroduce an endurance mechanic into the game. I don't like endurance mechanics myself, but a lot of folks complained pretty loudly when the last one was removed.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While there are ways currently to search for newer managers, that would eliminate some decent but not great managers from the first few generations.

Ideally i think the best idea is to probably remove some managers who don't meet a very basic level of potential skill. Or have them grow year over year even if they aren't coaching a big league club (and say they were coaching independent league or the minors where we don't hire coaches right now).
zsidq

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I really agree with this. As a new owner, I am still in the process of burning through managers. I think there are a few too many really bad managers available, and only like 5 acceptable managers for every 50 unacceptable ones. It would really be convenient to have better managers available.

Cheers!

Previous Page | Show All |